Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 23 of 23

Thread: E Parking Brake

  1. #16
    Registered Member
    Donated: $15

    2016.5 CX 5 Touring AWD, 2015 SCION XB

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    ABE area, Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    1,059
    Quote Originally Posted by Anchorman View Post
    I can*t upload anything until the forum is fixed. It*s like fighting with one arm tied behind my back!
    Told them the number but I hate making an argument without knowing what it says (phone conversation), service advisor looked it up and told me that was for squeaking brakes and I told her it addresses other issues. Bah! Took it home and looked everything over myself and there was really nothing to see. Time will tell. Yeah, that server crash took out a whole lot of stuff from going a few years back. They're (dealer) usually pretty good with stuff but I hate showing them stuff they should already know, especially when it's dated from 2 years ago.
    Yep, going to carry my infrared gun with me, maybe I'll video some smoke coming out of there next time.
    Last edited by madar; 07-24-2018 at 06:42 PM.

  2. #17
    Registered Member yrwei52's Avatar
    Donated: $8

    2016 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech

    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Plano, Texas, USA
    Posts
    6,623

    Arrow E Parking Brake

    Quote Originally Posted by madar View Post
    Told them the number but I hate making an argument without knowing what it says (phone conversation), service advisor looked it up and told me that was for squeaking brakes and I told her it addresses other issues. Bah! Took it home and looked everything over myself and there was really nothing to see. Time will tell. Yeah, that server crash took out a whole lot of stuff from going a few years back. They're (dealer) usually pretty good with stuff but I hate showing them stuff they should already know, especially when it's dated from 2 years ago.
    Yep, going to carry my infrared gun with me, maybe I'll video some smoke coming out of there next time.
    My Mazda dealer is fully aware this EPB TSB and has done the fix for many CX-5's. What's the assembly date of your 2016.5 CX-5?

  3. #18
    Underutilized Member shadonoz's Avatar
    Donated: $5

    2017 CX-5 GT AWD Tech

    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Southern Oregon
    Posts
    1,220
    Quote Originally Posted by Anchorman View Post
    I can*t upload anything until the forum is fixed. It*s like fighting with one arm tied behind my back!
    **Nothing to do with uploading, but have you tried a different keyboard??**

  4. #19
    Registered Member
    Donated: $15

    2016.5 CX 5 Touring AWD, 2015 SCION XB

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    ABE area, Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    1,059
    Quote Originally Posted by yrwei52 View Post
    My Mazda dealer is fully aware this EPB TSB and has done the fix for many CX-5's. What's the assembly date of your 2016.5 CX-5?
    8/16. I find it hard to believe this particular dealer never heard of this, I think it was just late in the day and this particular service advisor didn't want to deal with it.
    Last edited by madar; 07-24-2018 at 07:11 PM.

  5. #20
    Registered Member

    2016 CX5 SE-L 2WD 2.2D 150hp Auto

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Derby UK
    Posts
    331
    Quote Originally Posted by shadonoz View Post
    **Nothing to do with uploading, but have you tried a different keyboard??**
    Antoine is aware of the asterisk issue, it's since the change of server. having said that I appear to be ok.

  6. #21
    Registered Member

    18 CX-5

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Jersey City
    Posts
    287
    Quote Originally Posted by Conrad 16.5 View Post
    Here's what I do, based on the info in the owner's manual.

    With foot on the brake peddle (brakes applied) place the shifter in neutral, engage EPB, place shifter in park, remove foot from brake peddle.
    Never thought of using Neutral. Thanks!

  7. #22
    Registered Member

    2015 Mazda CX-5 Touring FWD

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Charlotte NC
    Posts
    165
    This thread exemplifies why I will be buying my 2015 Touring with a manual hand brake at the end of its lease period.

  8. #23
    Registered Member
    Donated: $15

    2016.5 CX 5 Touring AWD, 2015 SCION XB

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    ABE area, Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    1,059
    Quote Originally Posted by Goguinness View Post
    This thread exemplifies why I will be buying my 2015 Touring with a manual hand brake at the end of its lease period.
    They have a remedy, you just have to dick around with them until they fix it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 35
    Last Post: 12-06-2017, 04:03 AM
  2. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-12-2014, 03:21 PM
  3. E-Brake / Parking Brake Advice
    By north42g in forum Protege5
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 02-20-2013, 01:48 PM
  4. Unhooking the parking brake (e-brake)
    By berrywise in forum Protege5
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-04-2008, 04:15 PM
  5. Changed rear brake pads; parking brake woes
    By vkeks in forum Protege5
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-26-2007, 01:54 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •