Seat Memory and Parking Brake

mikeh49

:
BMW X3
Could not find a confirmation by searching so here is the question.

The manual states that the transmission must be in PARK and the parking brake ON for the seat memory buttons (or fobs) to move the seat to the requested position. Can someone confirm by test that indeed the parking brake must be on, in addition to the transmission in park? I'm considering a CX5 but it would be a big behavior change for me to apply the parking brake in the garage. I usually believe the manuals but this seems too conservative, even more than Toyota.

In my 2017, you need to set the parking brake to save the seat position to memory, but the car only needs to be in park (no parking brake) to restore the seat to one of the previously saved memory positions.

Well, that's interesting thinking. I can live with that. Definitely will need to check on a test drive. Nearest dealer 100 miles. Thanks.

In my 2017, you need to set the parking brake to save the seat position to memory, but the car only needs to be in park (no parking brake) to restore the seat to one of the previously saved memory positions.

I drive a 2014. The only thing that bugs my wife about the car is resetting the seat and mirrors after I've driven it. My "in" to getting a newer one is that option. Does memory in the newer CX-5s include the side mirrors (and rear-view?) too, or is it just the seat?

Could not find a confirmation by searching so here is the question.

The manual states that the transmission must be in PARK and the parking brake ON for the seat memory buttons (or fobs) to move the seat to the requested position. Can someone confirm by test that indeed the parking brake must be on, in addition to the transmission in park? I'm considering a CX5 but it would be a big behavior change for me to apply the parking brake in the garage. I usually believe the manuals but this seems too conservative, even more than Toyota.

Correct but if you program the seat memory into the key fob/transponder, as soon as you unlock the doors and open the drivers door, the seat will move into the programmed position

I drive a 2014. The only thing that bugs my wife about the car is resetting the seat and mirrors after I've driven it. My "in" to getting a newer one is that option. Does memory in the newer CX-5s include the side mirrors (and rear-view?) too, or is it just the seat?

According to the 2018 CX5 manual, the memory does not include the side mirrors, as far as I can tell. I've had a few cars with the these features and the seat + mirrors is great. Also, an Acura I had included steering wheel tilt and telescope in the memory.

According to the 2018 CX5 manual, the memory does not include the side mirrors, as far as I can tell. I've had a few cars with the these features and the seat + mirrors is great. Also, an Acura I had included steering wheel tilt and telescope in the memory.

Correct.

Thank you. Bummer. I think I'd rather have the mirrors go off memory than the seat, to tell you the truth.

Back