Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Seat Memory and Parking Brake

  1. #1
    Registered Member

    BMW X3

    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    3

    Seat Memory and Parking Brake

    Could not find a confirmation by searching so here is the question.

    The manual states that the transmission must be in PARK and the parking brake ON for the seat memory buttons (or fobs) to move the seat to the requested position. Can someone confirm by test that indeed the parking brake must be on, in addition to the transmission in park? I'm considering a CX5 but it would be a big behavior change for me to apply the parking brake in the garage. I usually believe the manuals but this seems too conservative, even more than Toyota.

  2. #2
    Registered Member

    2017 CX-5 GT AWD

    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6
    In my 2017, you need to set the parking brake to save the seat position to memory, but the car only needs to be in park (no parking brake) to restore the seat to one of the previously saved memory positions.

  3. #3
    Registered Member

    BMW X3

    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    3
    Well, that's interesting thinking. I can live with that. Definitely will need to check on a test drive. Nearest dealer 100 miles. Thanks.

  4. #4
    Registered Member

    Mazda CX5

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by delmar View Post
    In my 2017, you need to set the parking brake to save the seat position to memory, but the car only needs to be in park (no parking brake) to restore the seat to one of the previously saved memory positions.
    I drive a 2014. The only thing that bugs my wife about the car is resetting the seat and mirrors after I've driven it. My "in" to getting a newer one is that option. Does memory in the newer CX-5s include the side mirrors (and rear-view?) too, or is it just the seat?

  5. #5
    Registered Member Xeler8ing's Avatar

    '18 Mazda CX-5 Akera KG i-Activ AWD 2.5L In Sonic Silver

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Down Under..Australia
    Posts
    8,925
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeh49 View Post
    Could not find a confirmation by searching so here is the question.

    The manual states that the transmission must be in PARK and the parking brake ON for the seat memory buttons (or fobs) to move the seat to the requested position. Can someone confirm by test that indeed the parking brake must be on, in addition to the transmission in park? I'm considering a CX5 but it would be a big behavior change for me to apply the parking brake in the garage. I usually believe the manuals but this seems too conservative, even more than Toyota.
    Correct but if you program the seat memory into the key fob/transponder, as soon as you unlock the doors and open the drivers door, the seat will move into the programmed position
    Recent Vehicle History:

    '18 Mazda CX-5 Akera KG i-Activ AWD 2.5L in Sonic Silver (2018-)
    '15 Mazda 6 Touring GJ Series II Sedan 2.5L in Sonic Silver (2015-2018)
    '08 Mazda 3 Maxx Sport BK Series II Sedan 2.0L in Champagne (Family)
    '06 GM Holden Calais VZ Series II Sedan 3.6L in Quicksilver (2006-2015)


  6. #6
    Registered Member

    BMW X3

    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by onerpm View Post
    I drive a 2014. The only thing that bugs my wife about the car is resetting the seat and mirrors after I've driven it. My "in" to getting a newer one is that option. Does memory in the newer CX-5s include the side mirrors (and rear-view?) too, or is it just the seat?
    According to the 2018 CX5 manual, the memory does not include the side mirrors, as far as I can tell. I've had a few cars with the these features and the seat + mirrors is great. Also, an Acura I had included steering wheel tilt and telescope in the memory.

  7. #7
    Registered Member Xeler8ing's Avatar

    '18 Mazda CX-5 Akera KG i-Activ AWD 2.5L In Sonic Silver

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Down Under..Australia
    Posts
    8,925
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeh49 View Post
    According to the 2018 CX5 manual, the memory does not include the side mirrors, as far as I can tell. I've had a few cars with the these features and the seat + mirrors is great. Also, an Acura I had included steering wheel tilt and telescope in the memory.
    Correct.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

  8. #8
    Registered Member

    Mazda CX5

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    34
    Thank you. Bummer. I think I'd rather have the mirrors go off memory than the seat, to tell you the truth.

  9. #9
    Registered Member Xeler8ing's Avatar

    '18 Mazda CX-5 Akera KG i-Activ AWD 2.5L In Sonic Silver

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Down Under..Australia
    Posts
    8,925
    Quote Originally Posted by onerpm View Post
    Thank you. Bummer. I think I'd rather have the mirrors go off memory than the seat, to tell you the truth.
    Maybe in the future sometime
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Similar Threads

  1. Memory Seat Problem
    By anubhavsethi in forum CX-9 Lounge
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 08-14-2017, 06:49 AM
  2. Memory driver seat?
    By CrystalblueGT in forum CX-5 Lounge
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-28-2016, 06:46 PM
  3. Memory driver seat in US/Canada
    By Ginu in forum CX-5 Accessories & Appearance
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 09-16-2015, 08:43 PM
  4. Memory Seat?
    By Bob-Loblaw in forum CX-5 Lounge
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-01-2015, 11:58 AM
  5. Memory Seat issues
    By di33266 in forum CX-9 Infotainment
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-18-2008, 07:40 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •