Thread: Upgraded OS to 59.00.546 today

2016 Mazda CX-9 Signature

Upgraded OS to 59.00.546 today

Dealership had me hold off on upgrading my system for a while as Mazda worked out many bugs with previous releases. I was at 58.00.250 since I bought the car less than 2 years ago. Was instructed to unpair and repair my iPhone to avoid any bluetooth communication problems. When I paired my iPhone X to the system, I got a message on my phone that my phone didn't have an App that the system was looking for. When I let it load the App Store it brought up 3 different apps. The only one that seemed to make sense was the Denso with the name NaviBridge. Sounded intriguing.....

So I downloaded the App to my iPhone. While it's not technically a navagation app, it reportedly sends navigation destination information to your cars Nav system. I loaded the App and it reports "Online" which means a connection is made between my phone and the car nav system over bluetooth. I pick my destination address which pulls from Google Maps, Apple Maps and Select "Send to Navigation Unit". The system reports that is HAS sent to the NAV unit, but nothing changes on my NAV screen.

Anyone else try using this system and have success or perhaps it's only working on non-USA models. See attached screen capture.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by SeCX-9; 06-13-2018 at 04:02 PM. Reason: Typo

2016 CX-9 Signature Machine Grey

2008 CX-9 Grand Touring AWD + Assist Pkg + Moonroof Pkg - Blue Mica - Yoko Parada Spec-X -

2009 CX-7 Grand Touring AWD + Technology Pkg + Remote Starter + Chrome Package - Crystal White Pearl Mica - Yoko Parada Spec-X

Registered Member

'16 CX-9 GT AWD Machine Gray

so you are running .546 on your CX-9?

Mazda CX-9 GT 2018 White

Quote Originally Posted by SeCX-9 View Post
    When I let it load the App Store it brought up 3 different apps.
    Can you list the applications? Also, how is the .546 version so far?

Yes. Dealer just got the approved final download from Mazda yesterday and I told him I wanted it as soon as it was approved.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

No. the App store showed them when I agreed to "Go to App Store". If I recall, 2 were all in Japanese. The 3rd, called NaviBridge from the IOS App Store seemed legit as it's from Denso who make the Nav systems. (It was also all in English). The only way to reload the alert for the missing Apps is to clear out the phone from the car and start over. I don't want to do this as it took some time to get my phon to reesync all the contacts.

Haven't noticed much of a difference other than the Voice Commands seem to have new recording and seems to be more help screens (it could just be that I need to reset some of the setup screens). Contrary to what others have reported, seems to take just as long to boot as before.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Mazda CX-9 GT 2018 White

Haven't noticed much of a difference other than the Voice Commands seem to have new recording and seems to be more help screens (it could just be that I need to reset some of the setup screens). Contrary to what others have reported, seems to take just as long to boot as before.
    Good to know. My previous CX9 2017 had the .441 version installed, and it felt very laggy compared to my new 2018 CX9 with .504 version. So, any person upgrading from that version or less is going to see a performance boost overall. The only good thing about the .441 is the ability to install the AIO tweaks. I installed Android Auto, a video app and other tweaks and visual customizations, even removing the speed restriction.
    Last edited by Atxyde; 06-14-2018 at 10:43 PM.

Registered Member

2016 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring

Thanks SeCX-9! I'll consider upgrading next time I get over to the dealer!

I see your location, If you go to Sentry, Jim the service manager has it.

So noticed something with the radio since the upgrade. One of my local FM/HD stations now "skips" like a scratched record. Station 105.7FM, WROR, never had a problem before the upgrade. Now, while listening to music, the station will skip. Doing some reading on the web, it appears it's related to stations tuning in and out of HD Radio. NEVER had this problem before the OS upgrade. Either Mazda did something to the tuning algorithms on the radio or the WROR has changed their antenna signal or location. Does not happen with other stations. Problem seemed to happen on the drive all the way out from Boston to the burbs. Their antenna is on top of the Hancock tower in Boston as well.....https://radio-locator.com/info/WROR-FM

Is there a way to force an FM station to stay on FM and not tune to HD to avoid this?

Registered Member

I've actually noticed how seamlessly the radio switches between HD and non-HD. I'll check WROR on the way home today and see if WROR is any different (I have not upgraded yet).

Quote Originally Posted by markts View Post
    I've actually noticed how seamlessly the radio switches between HD and non-HD. I'll check WROR on the way home today and see if WROR is any different (I have not upgraded yet).
    It HAS been seemless....so unless WROR changed their power output, the tuning software changed.

Also, I was scrolling through the menus and I quite honestly don't remember setting up the stations. When I had the radio SEARCH for stations, 105.7 did NOT come up during a scan. But when I tuned to it specifically, it came in fine.

Registered Member

'16 CX-9 GT AWD Machine Gray

I also updated to .546 but haven't noticed any disruptions with the radio. It may be a placebo effect but everything seems to start up and connect with little to no delay

Registered Member

It HAS been seemless....so unless WROR changed their power output, the tuning software changed.

Also, I was scrolling through the menus and I quite honestly don't remember setting up the stations. When I had the radio SEARCH for stations, 105.7 did NOT come up during a scan. But when I tuned to it specifically, it came in fine.
    Not sure what's going on, but it isn't with WROR. Mine switch between HD and non-HD many times on the way home with no issue/skip. Let's see how Jim handles this.