2017/18 cluster swap into 2016 possible for LCD?

:
2016 CX5 GT
Curious if anyone knows if the cluster from a 2017/18 Mazda 6 or CX5 would fit in a 2016 and be pin compatible with the wiring harness. Some coding would likely be required to set the mileage.

Reason I ask is that I rented a new 2018 Mazda 6 when my 2016 CX5 was getting repairs (light rear end damage). The new 6 has a really cool color LCD display in the right circle, with a slick looking high resolution fuel gauge and live MPG virtual needle, which can be changed to a temperature gage and compass when pushing info on the steering wheel. I really thought it was nice to have a modern graphic display as opposed to the 1990’s style LCD segments in my CX5. Trouble is that it’s really difficult to find a cluster. I guess it’s not something that is replaced often. Even if you had a totaled 2017/2018 flood damaged or fire damaged car, the cluster may be toast in those cases.

Would be interesting if it was possible... maybe contact you dealer’s service manager via email and ask them..

Yeah as long as it physically fits and the plugs were the same, I don’t see why not. The VW enthusiasts were doing things like this for awhile. Apparently there is a new Mustang all LCD cluster that people have swapped out with the traditional needle gauges as well.

Wiring might be the same but what about the background software/modules etc

Surely it isn't just a straight plug'n'play (uhm)

Wiring might be the same but what about the background software/modules etc

Surely it isn't just a straight plug'n'play (uhm)

Yeah for one I don’t have the sensors required for radar adaptive cruse control.

I know on a VW Jetta if the sensor is dirty or unplugged it simply says “sensor error” on its LCD MFD when cycling through to the distance setting for cruse.

Yeah for one I don’t have the sensors required for radar adaptive cruse control.

I know on a VW Jetta if the sensor is dirty or unplugged it simply says “sensor error” on its LCD MFD when cycling through to the distance setting for cruse.

I forgot about MRCC!

Back