Unnecessary spark plug replacement?

Some people just don't like to be taken advantage of. [emoji106]

That is good, but it seems contested, regarding the CX5, and for a few bucks more, meh.

Contested. Lol. Few bucks more?! Lol Couldn’t careless as a majority of my cars I change plugs at every oil change (no,please don’t do that for an CX-5).

The only other plugs besides NGK in my arsenal are Autolite AR3910X where applicable.

For everyone's reference:
2013 @ 58k miles
OEM plug is PE02 18110 / FC20HPR8
No Oil residue and with normal (light tan) burn at the electrode

Attachments

• 4.png
    4.png
    181.8 KB · Views: 249
  • 3.png
    3.png
    206.1 KB · Views: 232
  • 2.png
    2.png
    281.4 KB · Views: 228
  • 1.png
    1.png
    301.2 KB · Views: 228
I dont know if I'd call it PTSD, but I dont look at people like others do.

Back to the spark plugs, no mpg change, and seat of the pants is inconclusive. Maybe? I dunno. If anything, throttle tip in is better. Idle quality may be a touch smoother. I dunno. Certainly not worth my 20 minutes.

Well damn. PA the other night went down the DSM's definition of PTSD and I guess I'm unofficially diagnosed. Oh, well. Life goes on. Just saw this and it reminded me of the other night.

Also, WOW! Gene...your plugs look amazing compared to mine. Mine were oiled to hell and back.

Well damn. PA the other night went down the DSM's definition of PTSD and I guess I'm unofficially diagnosed. Oh, well. Life goes on. Just saw this and it reminded me of the other night.

Also, WOW! Gene...your plugs look amazing compared to mine. Mine were oiled to hell and back.

I was surprised to see that too. Decided to check first before buying a new set (based on your experience) and not make unnecessary replacement. Ill check back again @ 75k miles (as per maintenance). Oil change are done conservatively in the dealership for this and never used aftermarket oil and oil filter.

And also, am using K&N filter since the day one I took delivery on this, maybe the better air flow contributed to the reduction of the blowby.

9/16. I ordered a 14mm on amazon but they screwed up the shipping. Went to the local auto parts store, brought a spark plug with me and the 9/16 fit just fine. A little snug, but it fit. The extension just didn't seem to hold the tightest and the spark plug was a bit snug. Just did that electrical tape wrap and no further problems.

No I did not check that. Didn't know I needed to.

9/16" is about 14.3mm

Well, its been 35k miles now on the aftermarket NGK (94124) ILKAR7L11 Laser Iridium Spark Plugs. No issues to report.

9/16. I ordered a 14mm on amazon but they screwed up the shipping. Went to the local auto parts store, brought a spark plug with me and the 9/16 fit just fine. A little snug, but it fit. The extension just didn't seem to hold the tightest and the spark plug was a bit snug. Just did that electrical tape wrap and no further problems.

No I did not check that. Didn't know I needed to.
9/16" is about 14.3mm
Spark plugs used by SkyActiv-G CX-5 is metric-sized 14mm. Make sure to get a 14mm spark plug socket.

Well, its been 35k miles now on the aftermarket NGK (94124) ILKAR7L11 Laser Iridium Spark Plugs. No issues to report.
Good to know and thanks for reporting back. I'll make a decision if I'm going to use much cheaper NGK's when the time comes. ;)

Good to know and thanks for reporting back. I'll make a decision if I'm going to use much cheaper NGK's when the time comes. ;)

I would! I went super cheap with the Denso, but you cant go wrong with NGK!

I would, the OEMs I ordered off of Med Center Mazda literally had the NGK part numbers printed on it along with the Mazda logo and Mazda part #! It's the same plug.

Back