Front driver and passenger side speakers

bababooey

:
2014 Mazda Cx-5 Grand Touring
I have a 2014 CX-5 with the Bose system. I was cleaning my car one day and noticed the front drive and passenger side speakers were really low and bassy sounding. Anyone else experience this?

That's because those are 8-inch subwoofers. I played some 30Hz test tones and they get pretty low.

Hard to call an 8" speaker a subwoofer. Actually just a dedicated woofer.

I have a 2014 CX-5 with the Bose system. I was cleaning my car one day and noticed the front drive and passenger side speakers were really low and bassy sounding. Anyone else experience this?
For gen-1 CX-5 Bose system it uses "a pair of 9-inch (23cm) Nd woofers -- one in each front door -- delivers deep, low-frequency output from a package much slimmer than conventional speakers."

Not many people have replaced Bose 9" door woofers as they're more to be involved even a custom-made speaker adapter is needed. There's also a TSB for these 9" woofers as they may start having noise caused by corrosion.

Last edited:

No my passenger side just rattles like a blown speaker listening to songs with a lot of bass. Never abused them with excessive volume either.

So many once great companies are now just a shadow of their old selves, surviving mostly on the strength of their previous reputations....

LOL! You mean the Blose that in the early '70s touted its original 901's quality by plugging the speaker into a 120V wall socket? They haven't changed.

Back