Installed 9" Android unit and a bunch of stuff

:
Mazda 5
Got rid of that old ugly stock radio today. It is hot working under 32deg.
Also installed the dash cam, rearview camera, voltage meter, a bunch of USB chargers.

r1xul2.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like one of those cheap Chinese Shenzhen Klyde made units? Something like a Seicane, Erisin, Pumpkin, or Eonon?

At least this one comes with Google store, youtube, Android 7.1, 2gb ram, 32gb rom, able to map with the steering wheel control, plug directly to the oem connectors.

quite decent and it's only USD150. Should have added $20 for the 4g LTE version.

Looks better than what we get in Singapore. We're given Pioneer X2850BT headunit. You're a real hands on person Asian_xl

Make sure you order the 2gb version with Google Play (if you see the 4g modem option make sure you get it)

Don't treat this as your 2018 android phone, the unit is slow even I have the 2gb, but quite useable.
There is a rear view camera wire behind the unit and you have to connect it to the reverse light.

I only have 3 type of apps
google apps, ex: youtube, play store, map
Build in app like radio, music player, BT
3rd party app like OBD2 reader, TMPS, dash cam viewer etc.

the screen is quite dull...it is not AMOLED with nice colour. Sound is bit better than stock but still below average quality, so prepare to run the RCA wires to the easy-to-access area for new amp.

quite decent and it's only USD150. Should have added $20 for the 4g LTE version.

What's the brand and where did you get it ? I have been looking for the past couple of weeks online and the cheapest I can find with 2G of RAM and all screen similar to yours is USD300+

Last edited:
There is no brand, even you find one with a brand name, it's probably some companies slap a sticker and call it their own design.
I bought mine for US200 (shipped from China to Hong Kong), US300 shipped to the States isn't that bad.

All these android units are made in China and aliexpress might a good place for you to look around.
I would say look for 2gb ram, 32gb storage, Google Play, Oreo, come with Mazda harness. Oh, by the way, the unit allows you to control with your stock steering wheel buttons, but you won't be able to see the radio info on the upper dash display. Other than that, everything is simple plug and play job.

It's actually USD370 with shipping for the 2GB RAM / 16G Storage :(
Can you still see the AC and the trip info (MPG, AVG Speed, Range .. etc) in the upper dash display with this unit connected .

Back