2017~2024 Audio volume: AUX v Bluetooth v USB

:
Carless
This has been annoying for sometime for me but when I play audio from my iPhone 7 via AUX I turn it up to like 28-34 and it’s already louder then the same song via Bluetooth or USB at 52-54.

Does anyone else notice this? I love the convenience of Bluetooth but is doesn’t get as loud nor the bass as punchy. I would think usb would be better but it’s almost identical to the Bluetooth quality.

The aux Jack to my iPhone via lightning adapter is heads and shoulders louder and sharper then the other options.

Basically this summary.

Audio played via AUX at 32 > audio played via USB or Bluetooth @ 54.

I would prefer USB to be just as good as AUX so I can charge my phone and play music.

Long story short does anyone have any work arounds for usb audio via iPhone to not be gimped by Apple or the car?

I use the USB input about 95% of the time but I'm using it with a dedicated flash drive, not a phone. The sound quality is clear and no need to go above low 30's for volume. You might try a flash drive and see if you get similar results.

When you are using the AUX, the signal is being amplified twice. Once by your portable device, and once by the vehicles head unit.

When using USB or Bluetooth, the signal is amplified only by the vehicle head unit.

When you are using the AUX, the signal is being amplified twice. Once by your portable device, and once by the vehicles head unit.

When using USB or Bluetooth, the signal is amplified only by the vehicle head unit.

Damn, that makes logical sense. Thanks

Back