Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: 17+ miles = Problems?

  1. #1
    Registered Member

    2017 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring

    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    201

    17+ miles = Problems?

    Hello!

    I know the 17+ models are still relatively new, but I was wondering how many miles you all have on yours, and what problems youíve encountered with the vehicle? If you have a lot of miles, I would love to hear your overall thoughts on the vehicle.

    I currently have 10k on my 17+ GT. I use synthetic oil, change every 5K (use dealer) and the vehicle has been rock solid thus far.

    Thanks again!

  2. #2
    Registered Member Anchorman's Avatar

    2017 CX-5 SportNav 2.2 diesel auto

    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Derbyshire UK
    Posts
    1,976
    I had a 17 with 9k on the clock. It had a mirror folding motor go right at the end (it came to grief with a truck while the replacement was ordered. I had one media upgrade and other than that, nothing.

    My new silver one has a bit of a cold start thing that might need looking at but that is diesel so n/a to you. Other than that nothing. Coming up to 2k.

  3. #3
    Registered Member

    2017 CX-5 Touring AWD

    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Portland
    Posts
    112
    Quote Originally Posted by Anchorman View Post
    I had a 17 with 9k on the clock. It had a mirror folding motor go right at the end (it came to grief with a truck while the replacement was ordered. I had one media upgrade and other than that, nothing.

    My new silver one has a bit of a cold start thing that might need looking at but that is diesel so n/a to you. Other than that nothing. Coming up to 2k.
    Jealous of your folding mirrors.

    I have 7k on mine. Got some sulfur smell a couple times last week going uphill. Keeping an eye on that in case it's a converter.

    No problems besides that.

  4. #4
    ZOOOOOOOOOM ZOOOOOOOOOOOM mazdadude's Avatar

    '16.5 Mazda CX-5 Touring AWD, '05 PRIUS

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Red Bluff, CA
    Posts
    3,227
    Quote Originally Posted by Aznbagel View Post
    Jealous of your folding mirrors.

    I have 7k on mine. Got some sulfur smell a couple times last week going uphill. Keeping an eye on that in case it's a converter.

    No problems besides that.
    The cabin is so sealed up, most likely the sulfur smell was passenger related, or a previous vehicle on the road.

  5. #5
    Registered Member

    2017 CX-5 Touring AWD

    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Portland
    Posts
    112
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdadude View Post
    The cabin is so sealed up, most likely the sulfur smell was passenger related, or a previous vehicle on the road.
    Yeah I was thinking it was likely another vehicle as the outside air was on. No passenger though. The frequency of this was pretty high. 3 times in 2 drives. Then it stopped.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

  6. #6
    ZOOOOOOOOOM ZOOOOOOOOOOOM mazdadude's Avatar

    '16.5 Mazda CX-5 Touring AWD, '05 PRIUS

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Red Bluff, CA
    Posts
    3,227
    Quote Originally Posted by Aznbagel View Post
    Yeah I was thinking it was likely another vehicle as the outside air was on. No passenger though. The frequency of this was pretty high. 3 times in 2 drives. Then it stopped.
    Understood.

    You mentioned a hill, was this possibly the first time the vehicle had done a long hill or harder than normal duty?

  7. #7
    Registered Member

    2017 CX-5 Touring AWD

    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Portland
    Posts
    112
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdadude View Post
    Understood.

    You mentioned a hill, was this possibly the first time the vehicle had done a long hill or harder than normal duty?
    Nope. Plenty of hills and hard pulls on the engine prior to this. It was hotter than normal if that changes anything.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

  8. #8
    Registered Member

    2017 Mazda 6 Sport

    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    100
    oil changes at 5,000 miles with full synthetic are a waste. unless you drive in severe conditions, oil changes at 7500mi are fine

  9. #9
    Registered Member

    Cx5

    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    19

    17+ miles = Problems?

    Have a 17 GT. 42,000 miles on the odometer. I do amsoil oil/filter changes every 10k. Blackstone report looked good at 30k. No issues. Probably one more tire rotation before I put new ones on at the end of the summer.

  10. #10
    Registered Member

    2017 CX-5 GT AWD

    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    213
    Only 7k on my Ď17. Not surprising to report no issues except some time I felt a weird vibration when creeping from a stop.

  11. #11
    Registered Member paging_drburgos's Avatar

    2017 Mazda CX5 GT - Premium

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    512
    23k miles, and where do I start? I've had the door handles replaced twice, power steering fail twice which means two new steering columns, all sorts of odd creaks and rattles, and don't get me started on panel gaps. Oh wait a sec, my bad I thought I was on the Tesla forums.

    So let me start this over. Other than a slightly annoying suspension noise every so often I have no issues. Mazda can teach Tesla a thing or two on how to build cars.

  12. #12
    Registered Member

    2017 CX-5 GT AWD

    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    213
    Quote Originally Posted by paging_drburgos View Post
    23k miles, and where do I start? I've had the door handles replaced twice, power steering fail twice which means two new steering columns, all sorts of odd creaks and rattles, and don't get me started on panel gaps. Oh wait a sec, my bad I thought I was on the Tesla forums.

    So let me start this over. Other than a slightly annoying suspension noise every so often I have no issues. Mazda can teach Tesla a thing or two on how to build cars.
    Agreed. As much as I love Elon and Tesla (Iím a huge nasa/space freak) the Tesla cars are going to need some time to get turned correctly. If you buy a Tesla youíre a beta tester essentially

  13. #13
    Resident barbarian ColoradoDriver's Avatar
    Donated: $5

    2014 CX-5 Touring AWD

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Denver, Colorado
    Posts
    2,801
    Quote Originally Posted by paging_drburgos View Post
    23k miles, and where do I start? I've had the door handles replaced twice, power steering fail twice which means two new steering columns, all sorts of odd creaks and rattles, and don't get me started on panel gaps. Oh wait a sec, my bad I thought I was on the Tesla forums.

    So let me start this over. Other than a slightly annoying suspension noise every so often I have no issues. Mazda can teach Tesla a thing or two on how to build cars.
    10/10 - good troll.

    Does Tesla even turn a profit yet? Not reliable cars and bleeding cash. They should just die already.

Similar Threads

  1. 20,000 Miles On My 2015 Mazda 6 - List of Problems So Far
    By The Wraith in forum Mazda6 Lounge
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 05-11-2018, 04:12 PM
  2. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 05-02-2015, 08:46 AM
  3. No Problems Yet 675 Miles
    By tomweston in forum Mazda CX-7
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-17-2007, 09:40 AM
  4. Problems with ANY Mazda over 100K miles?
    By Syzygy in forum Other Mazdas
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-10-2006, 03:31 PM
  5. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-13-2003, 06:48 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •