17+ miles = Problems?

:
2021 Acura RDX
Hello!

I know the 17+ models are still relatively new, but I was wondering how many miles you all have on yours, and what problems youve encountered with the vehicle? If you have a lot of miles, I would love to hear your overall thoughts on the vehicle.

I currently have 10k on my 17+ GT. I use synthetic oil, change every 5K (use dealer) and the vehicle has been rock solid thus far.

Thanks again!

I had a 17 with 9k on the clock. It had a mirror folding motor go right at the end (it came to grief with a truck while the replacement was ordered. I had one media upgrade and other than that, nothing.

My new silver one has a bit of a cold start thing that might need looking at but that is diesel so n/a to you. Other than that nothing. Coming up to 2k.

I had a 17 with 9k on the clock. It had a mirror folding motor go right at the end (it came to grief with a truck while the replacement was ordered. I had one media upgrade and other than that, nothing.

My new silver one has a bit of a cold start thing that might need looking at but that is diesel so n/a to you. Other than that nothing. Coming up to 2k.
Jealous of your folding mirrors.

I have 7k on mine. Got some sulfur smell a couple times last week going uphill. Keeping an eye on that in case it's a converter.

No problems besides that.

Jealous of your folding mirrors.

I have 7k on mine. Got some sulfur smell a couple times last week going uphill. Keeping an eye on that in case it's a converter.

No problems besides that.

The cabin is so sealed up, most likely the sulfur smell was passenger related, or a previous vehicle on the road.

The cabin is so sealed up, most likely the sulfur smell was passenger related, or a previous vehicle on the road.
Yeah I was thinking it was likely another vehicle as the outside air was on. No passenger though. The frequency of this was pretty high. 3 times in 2 drives. Then it stopped.

Yeah I was thinking it was likely another vehicle as the outside air was on. No passenger though. The frequency of this was pretty high. 3 times in 2 drives. Then it stopped.

Understood.

You mentioned a hill, was this possibly the first time the vehicle had done a long hill or harder than normal duty?

Understood.

You mentioned a hill, was this possibly the first time the vehicle had done a long hill or harder than normal duty?
Nope. Plenty of hills and hard pulls on the engine prior to this. It was hotter than normal if that changes anything.

oil changes at 5,000 miles with full synthetic are a waste. unless you drive in severe conditions, oil changes at 7500mi are fine

Have a 17 GT. 42,000 miles on the odometer. I do amsoil oil/filter changes every 10k. Blackstone report looked good at 30k. No issues. Probably one more tire rotation before I put new ones on at the end of the summer.

Only 7k on my 17. Not surprising to report no issues except some time I felt a weird vibration when creeping from a stop.

23k miles, and where do I start? I've had the door handles replaced twice, power steering fail twice which means two new steering columns, all sorts of odd creaks and rattles, and don't get me started on panel gaps. Oh wait a sec, my bad I thought I was on the Tesla forums.

So let me start this over. Other than a slightly annoying suspension noise every so often I have no issues. Mazda can teach Tesla a thing or two on how to build cars.

23k miles, and where do I start? I've had the door handles replaced twice, power steering fail twice which means two new steering columns, all sorts of odd creaks and rattles, and don't get me started on panel gaps. Oh wait a sec, my bad I thought I was on the Tesla forums.

So let me start this over. Other than a slightly annoying suspension noise every so often I have no issues. Mazda can teach Tesla a thing or two on how to build cars.

Agreed. As much as I love Elon and Tesla (Im a huge nasa/space freak) the Tesla cars are going to need some time to get turned correctly. If you buy a Tesla youre a beta tester essentially

10/10 - good troll.

Does Tesla even turn a profit yet? Not reliable cars and bleeding cash. They should just die already.

Back