Any word on 2019 changes?

I never understood the desire for power folding mirrors. The mirrors already easily fold if you want to fold them or if accidentally struck.

Give me different ride modes, or an adjustable suspension instead.

Power folding mirrors are useful for tight parking spaces

Last edited:
Yes, I just reach out the window and either push the mirror forward or fold it back against the car when space is needed.

Works if inside a carpark or on a sunny day for outside carpark. Not so good if it is pouring rain when using an outside car park :)

Works if inside a carpark or on a sunny day for outside carpark. Not so good if it is pouring rain when using an outside car park :)

Yes, I can see how that would be helpful for some. Thanks you guys for explaining. (stooges)

I live in a rural area where this would never be needed.

How do you reach the passenger side? Are you Plastic Man?
(rofl2)
I have only had to fold the mirror on the drivers side for pulling up to a drive up atm. No way I could ever reach PASS mirror from drivers seat without my Inspector Gadget Arms! LOL. (detect)

One time when I arrived back to my parked vehicle, the mirror was folded back on the passenger side. I had to get out and move the mirror back to the normal position. The power folding mirrors would have come in handy that time!

Last edited:
Would be handy to slap the wifey or anyone double checking their makeup in the side mirror 🤣

I've never once folded my mirrors.

It's also a good way to know when the vehicle is locked or not.

I've got mine set to auto so when my CX-5 locks, the mirrors automatically fold. Then when I unlock, they automatically unfold

It's also a good way to know when the vehicle is locked or not.

I've got mine set to auto so when my CX-5 locks, the mirrors automatically fold. Then when I unlock, they automatically unfold

Well, that makes sense and seems useful.

Darn, Down Under CX-5 /CX-9 seems to get the newest features compared to the US...

Most likely because Mazda does very well in terms of sales down there...bigger market share will ensure company will throw a lot of features and value and keep their customers happy than say in NA where they barely scratch the surface when compared to the Toyota's and Honda's market shares. From a marketing perspective it's easier to defend/protect than to gain and penetrate the market.

Most likely because Mazda does very well in terms of sales down there...bigger market share will ensure company will throw a lot of features and value and keep their customers happy than say in NA where they barely scratch the surface when compared to the Toyota's and Honda's market shares

^
This too

Back