Any word on 2019 changes?

I'm pretty sure that the buttons and switches found on the 2018 Mazda 6 will also be incorporated down the line; heck even the new digital gauges seen on the Mazda 6 signature.

Also the seat design/comfortability found in the Mazda 6, and the 360 degree camera and cooled seats.

Last edited:
Indeed just takes some time

It has been typical for new "unproven" tech for Mazda to be featured on just one model, before being spread to other models after the feature proves to be reliable and profitable.

It has been typical for new "unproven" tech for Mazda to be featured on just one model, before being spread to other models after the feature proves to be reliable and profitable.

Some of it yes but not all.

Folding mirrors have been around since 2015 when first the Mazda 6 got it followed quickly by the CX-5. Then it didn't take long to go to other models

+1

Or at least "Memory" to the driver's seat setting.

My 2018 has memory for the driver's seat setting. Supposedly you can program it based on which smart key is used to start the car.
My wife and I are fairly tall, so we rarely have to move the seat anyway.

I'd like the 360 camera. I wonder if it'll be retrofittable. All my previous Mazdas have had the connectors around for features that didn't come from the factory. Find one in the scrapyard that has the features and it's plug n play.

I'd REALLY like to have a hands free liftgate for when I've got arms full of groceries or stuff from Home Depot.
Just walk up to the liftgate and hang out for 5 seconds or so, no putting your stuff down. Liftgate beeps and opens.
Seems like something that can be easily added via software, all the mechanicals are there and there's an antenna for the smart key there.

I'd LOVE to have the ventilated seats.

The last three features were on the Hyundai SantaFe that the wife and I testdrove. The 3rd row seat turned us off of it though.

I'd like the 360 camera. I wonder if it'll be retrofittable. All my previous Mazdas have had the connectors around for features that didn't come from the factory. Find one in the scrapyard that has the features and it's plug n play.

You would need a software upgrade to allow for various camera angles to be displayed on the screen

You would need a software upgrade to allow for various camera angles to be displayed on the screen
I wonder if that would be handled with one of the "firmware" updates for the connect, or something else? If just a firmware update, those are somewhat simple to do.

Personally I'd love to see folding mirrors. I've had them on a few rentals, and they're very helpful in tight parking spaces or when driving in very tight areas (garage/alley).
The 360 cam is nice, and i'd take it if offered, but again I've used them on a few rentals and they have been somewhat quirky in my experience.
I'd really enjoy a high output engine option! Slightly bigger turbo, more boost and more fun...
OR (peep) an off-road derived option. Smaller wheels, bigger tires, higher stance, beefier body panels, dedicated 4wd, better tow rating...ummm, I can dream right? (cabpatch)

Last edited:
Good morning all,

I'm new to the forum, I'm planning on trading my current 2015 Mercedes GLA250 in for a CX-9 Signature. Just curious when does Mazda release their new models? I want to figure out if I should wait for the new model or just get this years.

Good morning all,

I'm new to the forum, I'm planning on trading my current 2015 Mercedes GLA250 in for a CX-9 Signature. Just curious when does Mazda release their new models? I want to figure out if I should wait for the new model or just get this years.

Mazda has tended to be on the later side when coming out the the new MY for this generation. The all new '16s didn't come out until Spring of '16, when many other models were introducing (or had already introduced) '17s, so then the '17s came out late, as did the '18s; but the '17s and '18s didn't come out as late as the '16s did.

Personally, I would wait for the '19s. The new Mazda 6 has vented front seats (and some other feature that I am forgetting) that I would expect to see in the '19 CX-9.

Good morning all,

My best guess would be between September and November. The 2018 models were at least on dealer lots by around early-mid November 2017 because there were plenty around when I first started looking at the CX-9.

the 2018 CX-9 was announced right after Labor day in 2017, so I would expect similar timing with the 2019. If you can, hold out for the 2019 announcement - you'll either end up with a '19 model with new features that you want or you'll be able to get a better deal on the '18 models. Dealers are unlikely to give big discounts on the '18 models during these last 6-8 weeks since nothing has been officially announced and '18 is still the newest model year available.

Thanks for all the feedback, at least I know what I'll be getting for Christmas then :p Can' wait to get one and debadge it and tint.

My 2018 has memory for the driver's seat setting. Supposedly you can program it based on which smart key is used to start the car.

I meant "memory" setting for the mirrors tied to the fob in addition to the seat position, as it is in previous ('15) gen. Similar to lack of driver seat tilt adjustment in the 16's, now it has it. Silly how they give a little here, take a little there each iteration.

Sister just got a cx-5 and I was at the dealer with her asking her sales rep about next year's cx-9. Can confirm that Mazda has already started production of next year's model, and they will go on sale around late Aug / early Sept. He wouldn't spill the beans on what is new though. Makes sense since they also are not selling or carrying anymore cx-9 signatures at their location only the lower end trim models now.

My sister's Mazda dealer has 3 2019 CX-9 Touring models inbound. I just spoke to the dealer they said the cars should arrive in 2-3 weeks. Apparently they don't know much about them yet either, he said most likely the only difference is ventilated seats. He did mention last they spoke with Mazda HQ that the first batch of 2019's wont have ANDROID AUTO / CAR PLAY and will have to get upgrade ( HUGE FREAKING DISAPPOINTMENT)

Last edited:
I have been anxiously awaiting news on the 2019 CX-9 and searching every day. Mazda Canada's website indicates that the 2019 CX-9 will launch this summer with CarPlay https://www.mazda.ca/en/inside-mazda/ny-auto-show/
I've also found a couple dealers with 2019 listed as "new arrival" or "coming soon" and the vin listed checks out as a 2019 so hopefully we will know soon. https://www.groovemazda.com/new-Denver-2019-+-Mazda+CX+9-Signature-JM3TCBEY4K0303176

I'm hoping for the additions of: 360 Camera, digital instrument panel, and the ventilated seats.

Back