Dr ColorChip touch-up paint.

:
2017 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD
Touched-up a few chips on my CX-5 today. I used it on my last car as well. I highly recommend it.

drcolorchip.com
9d6d6d4699fa505080368255baa385c1.jpg
cb804c4a3843bcff7aec60db03b80cbb.jpg
1943c486f543208c7f16c0fbff38c3ac.jpg
114c47c744bbfde6cadd76e46cba52a6.jpg

Yup I got their touch up paint as well, much better than the Mazda ones. Mazda ones had a yellowish tone to it (I also have white)

Yes finally someone reviewed this for a Mazda and with pics. Did OP need to use an OEM paint pen or did the kit come with color matched paint?

Yes finally someone reviewed this for a Mazda and with pics. Did OP need to use an OEM paint pen or did the kit come with color matched paint?
You give Dr Colorchip your paint code and they send you the paint. There's plenty of tutorials on YouTube.

Yup I got their touch up paint as well, much better than the Mazda ones. Mazda ones had a yellowish tone to it (I also have white)

Yeah our CX-5 is white. Should be easy to blend in. My Mazda6 is titanium mica flash. I hope it blends in.

You give Dr Colorchip your paint code and they send you the paint. There's plenty of tutorials on YouTube.

How many attempts/layers in between. How much time in between? Thanks.

Yeah our CX-5 is white. Should be easy to blend in. My Mazda6 is titanium mica flash. I hope it blends in.

How many attempts/layers in between. How much time in between? Thanks.

I've used it on both my old White CX-5 and my new Metallic Gray one. Worked very well on both. Usually just one attempt if you smear it right.

Just wondering. Before you do the painting what do you use to clean the chip area. Talking about old wax etc...

Thanks. I saw a youtube video where a detailer was saying this is the best method for filling chips of all the different methods he's used. And among the easiest. Which prompted me to come here and see if anyone had been talking about it given our Mazda's proclivity for chipping. The hood of my poor 5-month old car is already beginning to look like the surface of the moon. :'(

Back