Dashboard lights when ignition on ACC

Multi_Cracka

:
Mazda3 2013
Hey everyone my name is Joe, I've recently purchased a used Mazda 3, 2013 114k kilometers. I'm very happy with the purchase, I have noticed a couple interesting things and I'm not that car knowledgeable. When I turn the key ignition to "ACC" (engine not running) the oil, power steering, and battery symbols light up on my dashboard, but when I fully turn the car ON (engine is running now) they all turn off, is this something I should be worried about?/what are the potential reasons for this? I haven't gotten an oil change yet (I've only owned it for 8 hours now) I'm not sure when the oil was last changed either, it is on my list for 3 days from now however. I also plan on getting a new battery for the car. I'll attach a picture if I can figure out how too.

Curious why you think it needs a new battery?

What is the oil level when you checked it?

kEQAWHU

Here's a picture of the dash when ignition is turned to "ACC"

Those lights are normal, nothing to worry about. Think of it as a warning lamp test.

If any of the lights come on while ignition is ON, then observe the condition indicated.

Last edited:
I also noticed this in my new CX5.. they are not lit when the engine is running. I just stopped using the ACC mode.

Back