My Mazda

m4nTiS

:
Mazda CX-5 Optimum 2,5 AWD
When we picked up our CX-5 at the end of April, the car dealer asked me for my e-mail address and said that Mazda would contact me "soon" to see if I was satisfied.
Totally forgot about that, but so far I haven't received an e-mail yet. Only one mentioning a new map update for the navigational system.

Today I discovered the My Mazda app on my Ipad.
Downloaded the app, registered myself and had a look at what the app had to offer.
All my personal info seemed to be correct, but there was no car at the "My car"-section.

As this is my first Mazda, I was wondering how long it generally takes before you get contacted and/or when your car appears in the app?

With mine you had to upload a photo of your V5 (in the U.K.) document and Mazda would manually add your car to the app. It took them about 3 days to do it for me.

Our My Mazda is a bit different. 3 working days later after my purchase, I received an email from Mazda Australia congratulating on my purchase with link to My Mazda. All I had to do was enter my registration number (VIN can be entered also) then I was able to access my vehicle particulars along with owners manual (yes it was 2017 model version but this has now been changed to 2018 version) along with MZD Connect brochure and quick spin guide (all PDFs)

Thanks for the reply's.
I just sent in a picture of my licence plate. Hopefully they will add it quickly.

Will also check with the dealership to check how long that "Satisfaction" mail from Mazda normally takes.

I didn’t apply for anything but I’ve just gone on now and it’s updated the info and even the picture has gone from a red to a silver one! They did send me an online survey to do this time but the previous 2 were paper copies miles long so I recycled them!

4_B9_A111_C-4_FE0-4015-9_B23-464456134235.png

The Find My Car thing works. I never tried it before assuming it was something like Google's that just remembered where you stopped moving.
No, it uses the GPS or something because I was not logged into it.
Wonder if it's a GT thing? Touring and Sport owners try it and report back?

The Find My Car thing works. I never tried it before assuming it was something like Google's that just remembered where you stopped moving.
No, it uses the GPS or something because I was not logged into it.
Wonder if it's a GT thing? Touring and Sport owners try it and report back?

Is this a Mazda thing (uhm)

Canadians? Anyone else aware of what years and places and trims this works?
If I go into the My Mazda app I can ping my car. Lower right button: Find My Car. [emoji173]️
I bet this doesn't work on a certain Barbarian's Sport. [emoji3]
1dae14e519a35487003d52c3eaefcccc.jpg

Tap, tap, tap...is this thing on?
Why is no one responding?
I'm really curious if this is a GT only thing? What years it works on?
Is no one using this app?

I'm using it. 2017 GT. Finds my car both at home and in the parking garage at work. I'm guessing it would come in handy if the car were ever stolen. I haven't tried following the map to walk me to it, like if I were to 'lose' it in a parking lot somewhere.

It would have really helped me once. This past Christmas. Frazzled dad, running errands with his 6 year old. Have to stop at the mall. Freaking packed. Run in with the kid. Bought a few things including a heavy ass Cusinart. Walk outside...s***. totally forgot where I parked. Was this the door I even came in? Freaking out because I'm carrying all this s***, its 20 degrees, I have to hold my 6 year olds hand. Tried using the Google "Find my car" ... Fail.
It was a pretty stressful 15 minutes that this free app would have saved me had I known.
And just think if your car is stolen? Awesome!

Last edited:
I have the app but I haven’t used it much. The ability to input diy oil changes and such is nice but you have to hunt around to find that.

Canadians? Anyone else aware of what years and places and trims this works?
If I go into the My Mazda app I can ping my car. Lower right button: Find My Car. [emoji173]️
I bet this doesn't work on a certain Barbarian's Sport. [emoji3]
1dae14e519a35487003d52c3eaefcccc.jpg

I haven't ever seen this message before on mine. It works while I am in the house or here at work and sees the car in the garage at home and at work. No 'clear line of site to sky' at either place.

Back