2017~2024 Sirius XM in 2018 CX-5 Touring with preferred package

AJ_Greiner

:
2018 CX-5 Touring w/ Preferred Package
Haven't been able to find any answers. Just got a new 2018 (had a 2015) CX-5 Touring with preferred package which use to be called the Tech package. XM is an option when I choose audio sources but it is grayed out. Is there a way to add the tuner to the Infotainment unit? I am sure the sharkfin has the capability to grab Satellite Radio.

Thanks

It isnt showing I have the tuner. I want to find one to install but not if it wont work.

Last edited:
Yeah, kinda stupid but XM only available on the GT. You would think S/XM would kick in some money to Mazda to offer it at least on the Touring models, a lot of people would subscribe.
I get emails weekly from S/XM offering a home/car receiver for $5.00.
It's like desktop printers, they basically give the printers away knowing you'll be buying the high priced ink cartridges.

XM quality is garbage. After you listen to it for a few days you will realize all the songs are played over and over, at a crap compressed bitrate. Your money is better spent on Spotify, or even better, Tidal.

You could subscribe to the online only version and Bluetooth stream it from your phone. The streaming audio quality is much better and it doesn’t cut out from overpasses, buildings and thick tree cover. Plus there are a lot more channels in the 300’s and 700’s. When AA/CarPlay becomes available, the SXM app is now available on that so you can have a full view complete with channel logos and album art... unlike the blank square you get on the Mazda GT radios.

Back