2017~2024 How can I upgrade my sport headlights to the GT led headlights?

Bcarroll0331

:
2018 CX5
I would like to swap out my headlights on my sport trim for the GT headlights. What parts do I need to make this happen?

I believe that it has been discussed here before, I think it is cheaper to just go ahead and get the GT, than it is to buy the headlights after and retrofit.

Headlights are $1100 each x2 , and then would also need the 2x $300 headlight control modules, one for each left and right, as well as the wiring pigtails, electrical connectors, and wiring harness to retrofit.

Last edited:
I believe that it has been discussed here before, I think it is cheaper to just go ahead and get the GT, than it is to buy the headlights after and retrofit.

Headlights are $1100 each x2 , and then would also need the 2x $300 headlight control modules, one for each left and right, as well as the wiring pigtails, electrical connectors, and wiring harness to retrofit.
$1,100~$1,200 is the price for gen-1 CX-5 LED headlight, gen-2s should be higher. And therere (expensive) multiple sensors also needed for AFS!

$1,100~$1,200 is the price for gen-1 CX-5 LED headlight, gen-2’s should be higher. And there’re (expensive) multiple sensors also needed for AFS!

Surprisingly all of those prices I gave were taken directly from the 2017 (gen2) CX-5 Parts Catalog...

If I had a dollar every time this got asked..... OK I'd only have like $40 but still!!! :D

Just spend like $100 and do what I did.

Attachments

• Daytime driving lights on.jpg
    Daytime driving lights on.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 446
  • Lights.jpg
    Lights.jpg
    211.1 KB · Views: 472
WOW!!! Looks great!!!! What products did you use, and where did you find them??

Alibaba for the fog lights and then Diode Dynamics for the LED strips. They also function as amber turn signals.

Attachments

• Hazards on.jpg
    Hazards on.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 289
Nice pix, but how do they work for seeing where you are going? I don't care what they look like. I just want to light up more of the road.

Back