Which 0W20 Oil Brand?

I believe it’s also going to help with mitigating the carbon buildup on the intake. At any rate the oil should be fine for the Skyactiv G even if overkill.

The Valvoline Advanced Synthetic has a moly-boron-titanium additive package. I’m running that right now and it’s clean as a whistle on the dipstick.

Any of the major brands now will serve you well.

Your oil is so cheap yet it comes out of the same earth. I converted our price for diesel to a US gallon and it come out at just over $7.

The Valvoline Advanced Synthetic has a moly-boron-titanium additive package. I’m running that right now and it’s clean as a whistle on the dipstick.

Any of the major brands now will serve you well.

Yes my co-worker reports its a good oil too. Used for a year now in his high mileage Toyota XB.

I have used Pennzoil, Mobil 1, and the Mazda Moly. Overall, these 3 oils that I tried felt about the same.
All the other ones mentioned above, I have not tried. I have also heard Quaker State is good too.

If anyone has hard evidence of which oil is best for CX5, and let us know!

I have used Pennzoil, Mobil 1, and the Mazda Moly. Overall, these 3 oils that I tried felt about the same.
All the other ones mentioned above, I have not tried. I have also heard Quaker State is good too.

If anyone has hard evidence of which oil is best for CX5, and let us know!

There really is no best when it comes to oils. All the major brands will serve you with no worries. Diligent oil changes are key.

You can spend larger amounts of $€ to get brands like Ravenol or Motul but in the end you will not notice any difference in how the engine runs. Use the latest SN+ d1G2 oils and you will be fine.

The undisputed champ of oils. Blackstone labs eat your heart out!!!

images

There really is no best when it comes to oils. All the major brands will serve you with no worries. Diligent oil changes are key.

You can spend larger amounts of $€ to get brands like Ravenol or Motul but in the end you will not notice any difference in how the engine runs. Use the latest SN+ d1G2 oils and you will be fine.

This is all you need to know.

You can spend larger amounts of $ to get brands like Ravenol or Motul but in the end you will not notice any difference in how the engine runs.
This is oh so true.
I'm an older gentleman, and have had tons of different vehicles over an almost 50 year period.
Never have I lost or destroyed an engine because I used the "wrong" oil. I routinely run my cars for 10 years or beyond, and that's usually running them anywhere from 200,000-300,000 KMS., and beyond.
The only thing I'm anal about is regular oil changes. I seldom go beyond 6,000 Kms between changes. That to me is the key.
I can honestly say I never pay that much attention to the brand, but I do pay attention to the grade (example: 10w-30, or whatever the vehicle requires).
I also have to chuckle a bit when people say they can feel the difference in their vehicles when they change brands. Right. I don't think so.
All in all, go with the correct viscosity, as outlined in the owners manual, and go with synthetic if that is what the manufacturer recommends.
You are not going to ruin the engine because you went with Mobil1 instead of Castrol (example).

Yeah, I just went ahead and got more Castrol since that is what has been used the vast majority of the life of my CX-5.

Doing my first UOA with my next change, so we'll see how the engine is looking (thumb)

Did oil change yesterday. Man, I highly recommend thick rubber gloves. Makes installing the oil filter by hand tightening easier than using oil filter wrenches. Fumoto drain valve still working good with no leaks.

Was at Walmart and majority of the 0w20 oils were on sale.

Ohhh one other thing......I recommend shaking the oil container vigorously. Sometimes the additive pack settles at the bottom of the bottles as per YouTube videos I seen.

Did oil change yesterday. Man, I highly recommend thick rubber gloves. Makes installing the oil filter by hand tightening easier than using oil filter wrenches. Fumoto drain valve still working good with no leaks.

Ohhh one other thing......I recommend shaking the oil container vigorously. Sometimes the additive pack settles at the bottom of the bottles as per YouTube videos I seen.

Yep I used rubber gloves as well. Didn't even need a wrench.

Good tip about shaking the oil, thank you!

All good tips. I use a cheap oil filter wrench from Walmart to loosen the filter. In most cases I can loosen it by hand if I was the one that installed it. I don’t use the wrench to tighten.

All good tips. I use a cheap oil filter wrench from Walmart to loosen the filter. In most cases I can loosen it by hand if I was the one that installed it. I don’t use the wrench to tighten.

I recently bought this: https://www.homedepot.com/p/Grease-Monkey-Small-Medium-Long-Cuff-Neoprene-Glove-24100-012/206141649

Intended for cleaning my back yard, toilets, ect. Worked extremely well for me when tightening the oil filter. I essentially turn until I cannot with one hand. Then a bit more with two hands and done.

1 quick thought - at my Mazda dealership, if I order 10 (or 12 ... don't remember) 1 quart Mazda Moly at the same time (they call it a case) then 1 quart is $6.75. I found it to be quite reasonable.

1 quick thought - at my Mazda dealership, if I order 10 (or 12 ... don't remember) 1 quart Mazda Moly at the same time (they call it a case) then 1 quart is $6.75. I found it to be quite reasonable.

That's very reasonable, and if I can find at that price locally, I would go that route.

Mine are 10-11$ a quart at my dealership for the OEM Moly.

They charge $79 for a Royal Purple oil change.

They charge $59 for a Castrol oil change.

Mine are 10-11$ a quart at my dealership for the OEM Moly.

They charge $59 for a Castrol oil change.

Yeah same as far as I saw here, and the Castrol oil changes have ranged from $59 to $67 depending on dealer.

5 qt Castrol jug and a Thailand Mazda filter was $35 I think?

Back