2016 CX-9 GT - Memory seats changing location without reset.

AreDee

Contributor
:
2016 CX-9 Grand Touring Sonic Silver 2017 CX-5 GT Eternal Blue
I've gone through the reset process several times with my memory seats, but this continues to resurface. I set my memory seats for setting 1 all the way back and all the way down - as I'm 6'3". I execute the same setting on my key fob as well as the seat button on the side of the driver seat. it seems to stay in the proper location for several days but then slowly over time the seat location resets and elevates and moves closer to the steering wheel until it is eventually at the highest possible seat location. I've had the dealership look at the issue but they couldn't get it to misbehave after 45 minutes or so of trying. The next step with them is that they will keep the car and try this on their own for an extended period. They've been great to work with - I have no complaints with the level of service I've received. There also does not appear to be a TSB developed yet on this issue. I'm wondering if anyone else has this going on or if it's just an extremely isolated case. Any thoughts or suggestions of potential solutions are welcomed also. Thanks!

Hi!
I had exactly the same problem. There actually is no issue - the problem is that we have a habit of trying to move the seat down even when it is at the lowest position.
What happens is - when the seat is at the lowest position and you press the button again to move it down - the motor moves a bit, even though the seat has nowhere to go. This results in the motor losing its callibrated position - and everytime you open the door with the programmed FOB or press the memory button - the motor tries to get back to the position that was saved - and turns that little bit (that it turned initially when you pressed the button) everytime and eventually the seat keeps moving up.

Solution - set your seat, save it once and then do not press the button to move the seat down again!

The engineers here were also bewildered - but finally figured it out

Hi!
I had exactly the same problem. There actually is no issue - the problem is that we have a habit of trying to move the seat down even when it is at the lowest position.
What happens is - when the seat is at the lowest position and you press the button again to move it down - the motor moves a bit, even though the seat has nowhere to go. This results in the motor losing its callibrated position - and everytime you open the door with the programmed FOB or press the memory button - the motor tries to get back to the position that was saved - and turns that little bit (that it turned initially when you pressed the button) everytime and eventually the seat keeps moving up.

Solution - set your seat, save it once and then do not press the button to move the seat down again!

The engineers here were also bewildered - but finally figured it out

I'm going to try this! Thanks for the information!

Back