What is the MSP Front Lip/Air Dam Made out of?

:
2003 Mazda Protege5
Hello all, I just purchased a front lip that needs some TLC and was wondering what it was made out of so I can get the proper paint stripper, and Bondo to repair it.

I need that upgraded one because mine just seems to be some sort of flexible plastic..................

ABS plastic... sand it, do NOT use paint stripper. you will eat into the plastics with anything corrosive enough to strip paint.

OK,.. So how do I fix this !??

It's ABS... Nothing wants to stick to it...

Drill holes, zip ties, and a glue gun ?!

If I need a new bumper, it's not gunna happen.

OK,.. So how do I fix this !??

It's ABS... Nothing wants to stick to it...

Drill holes, zip ties, and a glue gun ?!

If I need a new bumper, it's not gunna happen.

you need whats called a plastic welder. you will have to repaint the bumper in that area once you bond it back together though. or take the car to a body shop and let them do it... probably going to run you $400-$500 for a QUALITY job!

https://www.walmart.com/ip/plastic-...0135&wl11=online&wl12=586919537&wl13=&veh=sem

the wing will need to be sanded down and repainted + recleared

So, is there any glue that sticks to ABS ??

I could glue reinforcing strips on the backside of the break then just sand & paint.

Last time I went to the mechanic, I had my frame welded...
The T-stands punched right through the rusty frame rails.
(right where you're supposed to put your jack !!) and he said my car will I longer pass safety...

I am now driving a ~ $215 piece of scrap metal...
I'm not spending $400-$500 on cosmetics.

However !!
I do have soldering gun that I may play around with !!??

And two cans of clear coat that were on sale !!

PS... I don't know much about the 1.8 l coil setup but with the stock P5, coils are always the first thing to look at when you have an engine misfire.

Last edited:
So, is there any glue that sticks to ABS ??

I could glue reinforcing strips on the backside of the break then just sand & paint.

Last time I went to the mechanic, I had my frame welded...
The T-stands punched right through the rusty frame rails.
(right where you're supposed to put your jack !!) and he said my car will I longer pass safety...

I am now driving a ~ $215 piece of scrap metal...
I'm not spending $400-$500 on cosmetics.

However !!
I do have soldering gun that I may play around with !!??

And two cans of clear coat that were on sale !!

PS... I don't know much about the 1.8 l coil setup but with the stock P5, coils are always the first thing to look at when you have an engine misfire.

You might want to try an adhesion promoter before you try any types of glues. 3m makes some good ones, and I believe they have spray ones. Also, Bondo 280 is made for this. take some of that and some drywall patches and use it to fix the crack. (like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Po6PIpYdfW8 ) I'm doing that and then body filling it, but i"m repainting my bumper and front lip. As for the wing, I took one i got from a junk yard, sanded it, used body filler, and wrapped it carbon fiber (going for the DG motorsports wing look).
FqF3S8Gl.jpg

I messed it up though and am redoing it when I get outta classes

Last edited:
Back