Missing parts for the jack

monkeee2002

:
Mazda cx5 Grand Touring 2016
Hey all, New Mazda owner here. 2016 CX5 GT.
My 2016 seems to be missing a few random bits. I have figured out that there are tow hooks that are missing by the spare tire.
It also seems that something is missing from the other side of the spare tire. Can anyone tell me what I should see there?

Welcome to the forum. Here's what I had with my '16 when I got it new: Scissor jack, an extra tire hold-down bolt, lug wrench and jack lever. Starting with the 2016 model year, the tiedown eyelets (not tow hooks) were not included as standard equipment. If you have the owners manual it's all shown on page 7-3. Enjoy your new ride.

Cost cutting, and weight loss plan that started with 2016 MY eliminated the bumper tie-down eyelet bolts.

If you still wish to have them, they can be found easily at the wrecking yard, or ordered new from the Mazda Dealer.
There is another post created by a member on this forum somewhere that was very helpful, and that detailed the hardware missing with part numbers and prices. IIRC total cost for the missing parts was no more than $25.

Hey all, New Mazda owner here. 2016 CX5 GT.
My 2016 seems to be missing a few random bits. I have figured out that there are tow hooks that are missing by the spare tire.
It also seems that something is missing from the other side of the spare tire. Can anyone tell me what I should see there?

When I purchased our 2016.5 CX-5 I noticed that the tow hooks/tiedown eyelets were missing. I mentioned this to my salesman and he ordered new ones for me at no charge.

I think the tiedowns may also have been removed because they are often mistaken for tow hooks when they should not be used for that purpose. They were there solely to attach the car to the cargo ship it arrived on.

Back