Mazda CX-5 Back to Number 1 SUV In Australia, May 2018 Sales

Sales in the U.K. have dropped for Mazda again but they are plagued by the “dirty diesel” lobby. There’s talk of the 2.5 petrol and the Toyota 2.5 Hybrid versions of the CX5 which I believe would reverse the trend but for now they remain stubborn.

Interestingly, I couldn’t understand why the ozzie sales were so low but then I’ve just realised we’ve got a bigger population on our tiny island than Australia and Canada put together.

Sales in the U.K. have dropped for Mazda again but they are plagued by the “dirty diesel” lobby. There’s talk of the 2.5 petrol and the Toyota 2.5 Hybrid versions of the CX5 which I believe would reverse the trend but for now they remain stubborn.

About time you got the 2.5L with cylinder deactivation

Interestingly, I couldn’t understand why the ozzie sales were so low but then I’ve just realised we’ve got a bigger population on our tiny island than Australia and Canada put together.

There are only about 26 million of us Anchorman!

A hell of a lot of the Mitsubishi ASX’s are sold to car rental companies, plus they are almost always on “sale” somewhere for bargain basement prices. Hence the sales volumes are pumped up. Take the rental sales out and their numbers would be halved or more.
No Rental company here has CX5’s.
I got stuck with an ASX rental car on a holiday to Tasmania last year. IMO they are rubbish, and cramped inside.

A hell of a lot of the Mitsubishi ASX’s are sold to car rental companies, plus they are almost always on “sale” somewhere for bargain basement prices. Hence the sales volumes are pumped up. Take the rental sales out and their numbers would be halved or more.
No Rental company here has CX5’s.
I got stuck with an ASX rental car on a holiday to Tasmania last year. IMO they are rubbish, and cramped inside.

It's a dated vehicle but cheap price wise so people with no car knowledge buy it regardless!

Back