Look what Ive got.....

Most of us probably take decent care of rental cars. Some of that may be fear of being charged for damage, or whatever.

But some companies are amazingly forgiving. My wife put a HUGE scratch in a fender once. She was SURE they were gonna ding her for it.

They didn't even bat an eye.
Yep I am definitely extra careful when I have a rental.

I am the same. I take photos of the vehicle before I pick up, drive it properly, clean it out & fill with petrol upon return and take photos of it before handing in the keys.

I am the same. I take photos of the vehicle before I pick up, drive it properly, clean it out & fill with petrol upon return and take photos of it before handing in the keys.

I generally overpay up front for gas so I don’t have to worry about it when returning a rental. I go on business trips pretty often.

I generally overpay up front for gas so I don’t have to worry about it when returning a rental. I go on business trips pretty often.

Interesting. If we return a vehicle with low fuel, we get charged. Therefore we fill up just before returning it.

Must be different there.

Interesting. If we return a vehicle with low fuel, we get charged. Therefore we fill up just before returning it.

Must be different there.
Rental car companies often give you the option.

Return the vehicle with the same amount of gas you picked it up in, or pay $$$/gallon at a higher rate of whatever the going gas price is to drop it off at whatever tank amount and they refill it.

It’s just a matter of convenience, and it’s expensed anyways.

Personal travel, It’s a few minutes saved on the way back to the airport.

Rental car companies often give you the option.

Return the vehicle with the same amount of gas you picked it up in, or pay $$$/gallon at a higher rate of whatever the going gas price is to drop it off at whatever tank amount and they refill it.

It’s just a matter of convenience, and it’s expensed anyways.

Personal travel, It’s a few minutes saved on the way back to the airport.

Fair enough

(thumb)

Most of us probably take decent care of rental cars. Some of that may be fear of being charged for damage, or whatever.

But some companies are amazingly forgiving. My wife put a HUGE scratch in a fender once. She was SURE they were gonna ding her for it.

They didn't even bat an eye.

Not Enterprise. They will get you for anything. It’s a scam they run.

Absolutely. I am a bit hard on the engine, I suppose, but any modern car should be able to handle it.

I did buy a Saab Convertible that was a rental. Other then the serpentine belt breaking on the way home with it, it was rock solid the rest of the time.
The serpentine belt is a known issue with that particular Saab that MUST be changed every 40,000 miles. It had 36,000 when we bought. In case you're wondering why I didn't just return it right then.

Absolutely. I am a bit hard on the engine, I suppose, but any modern car should be able to handle it.

I did buy a Saab Convertible that was a rental. Other then the serpentine belt breaking on the way home with it, it was rock solid the rest of the time.
The serpentine belt is a known issue with that particular Saab that MUST be changed every 40,000 miles. It had 36,000 when we bought. In case you're wondering why I didn't just return it right then.

Oh I am hard on any engine, but I agree, they can take it. :)

My careful is more just in my style of driving. Depending on what kind of rental I have I can't always assume it has the same pickup and power my CX-5 has so I am less apt to try to "beat that car and make that turn" or do something sudden, is more what I meant if that makes sense.

Back