2018 Mazda CX-5 | OPEN/CLOSE windows/mirrors with FACTORY REMOTE

All CX-5's here come with BSM, RCTA, SCBS(F/R) and have done so since KF came out

SE is 2 up, I was just there building my top end one. Our Sport comes with what X said the Aussies get.
/Edit/ No you're right. There's an S then AWD S. Looks like 2 trims.
/End edit/
I don't hate the Tiguan by any means. The dash is so nice. But I think you get more bang for your buck with a Mazda even sans remote windows. [emoji12]

I mean that is sexy. Nav right in the dash.
BuT yknow, that Mazda puts your directions ...in the glass.
5295ced397ce520cb758e8f600600ca6.jpg

Um, what’s between s and se then?
Edited my post. You're right. They have the S, then show an S with AWD. They technically count it as 2 trims which is why they have 8. Should just be an add-on...like Mazda.

I think Mazda is same with it without iActiv AWD. Also you can add DAP to base. I’d need to check if Mazda does with sport.

Drivers assistance package. Includes forward collision warning with emergency braking, bsm, and rta.

I think this is similar to iActive sense.

I mean that is sexy. Nav right in the dash.
BuT yknow, that Mazda puts your directions ...in the glass.
5295ced397ce520cb758e8f600600ca6.jpg

My Sportwagon had a small secondary Nav display between the tach and the speedo to go along with the main display but not like this one. Nice!

Know what else it had? All the windows, including the sunroof, had auto up/down open/close one touch switches. How much do you think that costed VW to included? Not that much.

Last edited:
My Sportwagon had a small secondary Nav display between the tach and the speedo to go along with the main display but not like this one. Nice!

Know what else it had? All the windows, including the sunroof, had auto up/down open/close one touch switches. How much do you think that costed VW to included? Not that much.
Wtf? This argument that it's only a few pennies.... If it's only a few pennies, why doesn't RAV4 have it? Toyota makes a butt ton of money. CRV doesn't have it. Hmmm. Maybe since it's just not that big of a deal to 99% of the population so even at a few pennies this worthless feature....yes i still say worthless...isn't even worth a few pennies. Coming from a guy that has this feature on his wife's car.

i had it on 2 lexis, tested it, thought it was a great idea. In 10 years used it 3 times. I don’t miss it.

I can open the sunroof and windows when i get to the car just as easily.
qft [emoji106]

Last edited:
I was definitely disappointed when I noticed the CX-5 was only auto on driver and it does annoy me when I’m rolling up or down the other windows. Not the end of the world or anything and it sounds like they did change it for ‘18. Not on CRV or RAV4? Maybe this is an Asian vs European car thing as it seems pretty common on European cars I’ve experienced. But they do tend to have more of the small comfort/convenience features. Accessory staying on after ignition off until you open your door is another.

Now you guys are annoying me. Poke the bear Conrad. Bunch of ******* princesses.
"Oh, but I simply must have my car start to cool down a whole 3 minutes before I arrive at the door! Get into a hot car? The nerve..."
Hehehe [emoji39]

For me it just boils down to Mazda gets most of the big stuff right but seems to miss a lot of the little stuff. The good thing is model year to model year we do see them addressing things so at least it seems they’re listening.

Back