2018 Mazda CX-5 | OPEN/CLOSE windows/mirrors with FACTORY REMOTE

Had the window roll down feature on my '97 Maxima and my '08 TSX. Thought I'd miss it but you just get accustomed to features you have and don't have. Guess you just learn to live without certain things. But, I can open my rear hatch while approaching my CX-5. That's probably just as much open surface area as all windows open. Then close it as I put car in drive...

Maybe similar surface area however you won’t get that cross breeze effect so it’s probably not as effective.

I had a new BMW 3 series touring company car a few years back. I decided to show them the remote window function. The passenger side decided to derail on the way up, it popped out of the car and shattered. I never bothered with it after that.

I can open my rear hatch while approaching my CX-5. That's probably just as much open surface area as all windows open. Then close it as I put car in drive...

That's my approach. But I close the hatch before starting the engine to avoid exhaust.

It's a minor annoyance but shouldn't a top of the line CX-5 have this convenience?

It sure is nice after parking in the sun on a hot day to have all the windows and sunroof open with a touch of a button before you even get to the car. Again, not a must have but it sure is nice to have!
Agreed!

Gotta draw a ;ine somewhere or the CX5 is going to cost $50K. LOL
This, too. But adding this requires no new hardware, so shouldn't cost too much.

If wishes were horses....

Well the window up/down is all well and good...

But what I want to know, and Mazda better have a damn good explanation...where the hell is my automatic latte maker?!?! It should be in the center console, or glove compartment, with a button on my fob so I can start it from the house and be ready by the time I go to the car. (rant)

(rolleyes)

Last edited:
Well the window up/down is all well and good...

But what I want to know, and Mazda better have a damn good explanation...where the hell is my automatic latte maker?!?! It should be in the center console, or glove compartment, with a button on my fob so I can start it from the house and be ready by the time I go to the car. (rant)

(rolleyes)

With a massive warning label on it "CAUTION HOT!"

I would love a coffee machine onboard. Omg Heaven. [emoji106]

I would love a coffee machine onboard. Omg Heaven. [emoji106]

Something like this (wink)

2008vft.jpg

15f1y78.jpg

My VW didn't cost $50k...
Does it have a HUD? Heated steering wheel? Heated back seat? USB for the rear passenger? Auto trunk open? BSM? Radar cruise? Rear View camera? Led heads/ tails / fogs? Lane departure? Smart braking? Nav?
Guessing the answer to most of those...
Come on. I'm not saying it's a feature that only comes in a 50,000 dollar car. I'm saying if Mazda added every single feature here that people wanted, it would be $50k for the Sport.
There comes a point you have to stop whining about missing features and shop a different brand if Mazda won't give you what you want... (Generally speaking)

Last edited:
Does it have a HUD? Heated steering wheel? Heated back seat? USB for the rear passenger? Auto trunk open? BSM? Radar cruise? Rear View camera? Led heads/ tails / fogs? Lane departure? Smart braking? Nav?
Come on. I'm not saying it's a feature that only comes in a 50,000 dollar car. I'm saying if Mazda added every single feature here that people wanted, it would be $50k for the Sport.
There comes a point you have to stop whining about missing features and shop a different brand if Mazda won't give you what you want...

My VW didn't cost $50k...

7s got you there ;-)

There comes a point you have to stop whining about missing features and shop a different brand if Mazda won't give you what you want... (Generally speaking)

I'm not whining. I'm complaining about a feature that I wanted and isn't there. I knew that it wasn't there when I bought the CX. Bought it anyway.

I no longer have the VW, a victim of dieselgate I'm afraid. To answer your questions, no to all but Nav. But the VW did have a 110vac outlet in the rear. My CX doesn't have most of those either. So what?

That's why I added the "generally speaking": last paragraph not directed at you.

You can get a Tiguan with most of that for less than $50k. The main thing I think it would not have is hud. Not sure about heated rear seats.

Give it time... will eventually make an appearance with Mazda.

Remember they have only just released ventilated seats on the new 6 and that will eventually move to other models.

You can get a Tiguan with most of that for less than $50k. The main thing I think it would not have is hud. Not sure about heated rear seats.
Tiguan doesn't even have BSM on the bottom 2 trims. Mazda does. Fully loaded Tiguan is just shy of $39K. Without the R Line package. That's another 2 grand. I'd take a fully loaded CX-5 over that.

Back