2018 Mazda CX-5 | OPEN/CLOSE windows/mirrors with FACTORY REMOTE

Wtf? This argument that it's only a few pennies.... If it's only a few pennies, why doesn't RAV4 have it? Toyota makes a butt ton of money. CRV doesn't have it. Hmmm. Maybe since it's just not that big of a deal to 99% of the population so even at a few pennies this worthless feature....yes i still say worthless...isn't even worth a few pennies. Coming from a guy that has this feature on his wife's car.

Now you guys are annoying me. Poke the bear Conrad. Bunch of ******* princesses.
"Oh, but I simply must have my car start to cool down a whole 3 minutes before I arrive at the door! Get into a hot car? The nerve..."
Hehehe [emoji39]

Amenities. Do you understand that term and how it applies to a top of the line model?

Design philosophy. How about that one?

And if I'm annoying you please feel free to not read anything that I post. I hate being the person that's annoying you. (yawn)

Princess. Do you understand that term? A heated steering wheel isn't enough for you? Heated rear seats? A HUD? Auto Cruise? Adaptive headlights? Some of these available in no other car.
Just not enough for you?
And when I'm joking around, I use Smiley's. If I was really pissed, I wouldn't.
Lighten up..... Princess. (blowup) Love ya', man.

Last edited:
Not to hijack the thread, but it is a window thing. My 2007 Pacifica gave you ~30 sec after the car was turned off to put up/down windows, sunroof, etc. Essentially 30 sec of ACC time. It gave you the time to button-up if you forgot to close (or open) something.

Princess. Do you understand that term? A heated steering wheel isn't enough for you? Heated rear seats? A HUD? Auto Cruise? Adaptive headlights? Some of these available in no other car.
Just not enough for you?
And when I'm joking around, I use Smiley's. If I was really pissed, I wouldn't.
Lighten up..... Princess. (blowup) Love ya', man.

Gottcha. But in case you didn't notice, this princess has a 2016.5 CX which doesn't include any of those amenities you just mentioned.

Not to hijack the thread, but it is a window thing. My 2007 Pacifica gave you ~30 sec after the car was turned off to put up/down windows, sunroof, etc. Essentially 30 sec of ACC time. It gave you the time to button-up if you forgot to close (or open) something.

The CX-5 does too.

Which year has this feature? Mine doesn't. The driver's window only works for a short period after the ignition has been turned off, nothing else. If I hold the shifter button in while I shut the car off I can listen to the infotainment but after the 30 seconds or whatever the driver's window, or any other window, won't work.

Last edited:
I didn't know the whole inside panel was just held in with only 2 screws.
Gotta love the comments:
How much?
Where to buy?
Apparently these guys are either full of s or just don't want to make money. LOL
//EDIT//
Email address. Someone hit them up.
batrudrag@gmail.com

Gottcha. But in case you didn't notice, this princess has a 2016.5 CX which doesn't include any of those amenities you just mentioned.
Right on mah brotha. Hard to forget with your handle. :D

Last edited:
If I hold the shifter button in while I shut the car off I can listen to the infotainment but after the 30 seconds or whatever the driver's window, or any other window, won't work.
Thanks for mentioning that, I had no idea. Solves my biggest issue with the PB ignition.

In fact, if you hold the lockout button for a second or two after hitting the ignition, it will stay on acc.

Every CX-5 owner should be aware of that.

Since 2017 KF CX-5. Here is an extract from the owners manual:

"The power window can be operated for about 40 seconds after the ignition is switched
from ON to ACC or off with all doors closed. If any door is opened, the power window
will stop operating"

Has anyone found where to buy the window control module? I have a 2017 NA version, I'd be happy if it only controlled windows using stock fob.

Would be amazing if it would trigger off windshield wiper rain sensor to close them!

That remote does not look like my Reserve remote. I wonder what country the guy is in?

The author's comments below the vid:

Functions:
1. Close door window and side rear view mirror
2. Open door window and side rear view mirror
3. Close /open window and side rear view mirror with stop function
Stop function??? Maybe poor translation.

There's only a handful comments on the You Tube site asking about purchase details, you gotta email him for info: batrudrag@gmail.com

No website listed.

Here's his installation video.

Last edited:
No. If you watch the video he can stop the windows in the middle of rolling up or down with a remote key press combination.

Gotcha.

I didn't catch that. I must have been mesmerized by the music.

Back