Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CRC intake valve cleaner experience

2015 CX-5 GT AWD liquid silver

Quote Originally Posted by Kaps View Post
    You definitely had some instructions mixed up. I believe to avoid flooding they recommend spray and wait for 30 seconds. I do not believe it is spray for 30 wait for 30. But anyhow you did really good. Is there anyway you could tell via a scope or something if there was gunk to begin with and if it was gone or reduced after application?
    Also a couple of things if you may notice -
    the black puff was noticed by others too.
    You should see a slight mpg increase if build up was severe - I would guess 1 mpg.
    What are your plans on changing oil at this point? - how many miles later will you change it?
    Do you notice any reduced RPMS at highway cruising speeds? (the saving mpg part).
    As I said, the instructions were unclear to me. I have not driven much since the service. I guess I will change the oil, I was thinking I'd drive a few more thousand miles as I'm only at about 4K since an oil change. I don't want engine troubles, an oil change is cheap insurance. I haven't driven much to check any MPG change. You have scared me now. I am going to change my oil right now.

Donated: $15

CX-5 Touring 2016.5

Quote Originally Posted by GP 2004 View Post
    As I said, the instructions were unclear to me. I have not driven much since the service. I guess I will change the oil, I was thinking I'd drive a few more thousand miles as I'm only at about 4K since an oil change. I don't want engine troubles, an oil change is cheap insurance. I haven't driven much to check any MPG change. You have scared me now. I am going to change my oil right now.
    Do the oil change but dont worry. You have not done it on a 75K mile engine. You have done it on an engine with many fewer miles. And like the quote said = if the build up is soft no worries.

Official Defender of Zamdatm

Registered Member

2007 Mazda 3i, 2016.5 Mazda CX-5

Quote Originally Posted by wlong01 View Post
    Make sure you use a top tier gas and you may not have to go through this again.
    No way at 28k should you have carbon buildup that bad.
    Absolutely, you can and will have that much carbon buildup at 28k even 15k. It seems unlikely but once you know why and how the buildup occurs your suspicions will want. With no fuel to clean the back of the valves all the recirculated exhaust gas just cakes on the intake valves.

Registered Member

CX-5

Hello all , first post here,

I did the CRC treatment twice on my '14 cx-5, at 55k and 65 k, the first time when I stated it, it puffed a big smoke cloud, when I took it on the road you could hear the pinging noise the broken loose carbon buildup made, soon after that the dash lit up like a x-mas tree, I lost throttle response and the truck stalled, waited a few seconds and restarted it and everything was fine, no lights, after that engine response was faster and it felt as it had a bit more torque. I did the treatment a second time 10k later, less carbon pinging noise, less smoke, engine didn't stall, every time after the treatment was done the engine was more responsive and smooth, will do another one at the required interval and let you know. Can't say if damage occurred in the engine head or the cat when carbon was dislodged, a leakdown test should be done to verify.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12