Best exhaust hangers to stop the rear bumper banging?

Riot_Polizei

Comp Engineering Student
:
2002 Mazda Protege5
Hey folks,

When I replaced my exhaust system with the Racing Beat catback, I noticed that my original hangers were really badly worn out and cracked. So, I just went and got some "universal fit" ones from autozone. Well, it's been some time since then, and I can't really put up with it much longer.

My rear exhaust hanger replacements are ineffective. They stop no lateral movement whatsoever, and allow the muffler to bang around the bumper's cutout when I drive. It freaks out any passengers I carry, and really annoys me in general. I did go back under to see if it hits the frame, but it only really hits the rear bumper. But man, it's driving me crazy!

I should note that they're way skinnier than the original ones. I tried putting on zip ties to insulate the hangers coupled with some washers at one point, but that didn't work either.

I tried investigating some kartboy hangers, but I can't find any. I read a couple threads here regarding people installing them and buying them, but I can't find the darn things anywhere!

If I just ordered new OEM muffler hangers, would they be sufficient for the job, or do I need something stiffer for the Racing Beat exhaust? I believe it's heavier than the OEM exhaust system.

Thanks for your input!

Kartboy and corksport are the ones I've used and am using. Just polyurethane so any brand urethane 10/12mm ones should be pretty much the same.......wherever you can find them. Haven't looked or needed to in years. Piled up some spares so I wouldn't have to search anymore.

Deez...........

Mazda-3-6-Exhaust-Hangers-Row-Big-1-2000x1200.jpg

Didn't know that Corksport still sold those...neat!

I just looked them up on google, and I found a set with the same exact picture that you used. They're
"2014+ Mazda 3 & 6 | 2013+ CX-5" Poly exhaust hangers. Are they the same ones you bought and used?

I think I might go with those if applicable, since I'm pretty pleased with their products.

I do have those blue ones on the car right now, been there are few years. Unless the length of them is drastically different I would think those for other years would be just fine. Just make sure to get 2 10mm and 2 12mm ones. 10s may be towards front and muffler are 12s IIRC. Doublecheck, been awhile since I have messed with them. I do remember when buying a set they were 2 of each.

Last edited:
a quick temporary fix is to use a worm clamp to tighten up the slack of the existing ones

maxresdefault.jpg

lol, cheap fix until new ones arrives or when he gets to the install.

That's really clever!

Dang I gotta try that out while I save up some bucks for those poly hangers. Badass man, thanks for the tip!

Back