Walk-Away Locking.. faulty or normal?

I realize now that if I walk around the rear of the vehicle rather than the front, it won't auto-lock on me before I've reached the other door.

Actually for me it will beep once preparing to arm but doesn't do it (second double beep) as I have not moved that far away from the vehicle if I am going to the drivers door

I don't use this feature because the wife and kid usually gets out of the car and closes the back door last so it won't work. It only works once the driver or front passenger door is the last to close I believe. It would also be nice if the rear doors have the keyless entry sensors like some other cars.

I wouldn't mind that either that is buttons on the rear passenger doors

It works when any door closes as shown in my video. Hatch too. The only time it doesn't work is when I'm out of range and someone hasn't closed a door yet.

It works when any door closes as shown in my video. Hatch too. The only time it doesn't work is when I'm out of range and someone hasn't closed a door yet.

Hows your key fob after being thrown away (wink)

Mine "always" works, but I've [inadvertently] found a way to make it fail:
  • close all four doors
  • open hatch
  • close hatch
  • walk away
  • mine did not lock
I'm not complaining. You can use any of the lock request buttons or the fob to lock.
But if you're not aware of this scenario, you might be surprised.

Can others test and verify?

• close all four doors
  • open hatch
  • close hatch
  • walk away
  • mine did not lock
I'm not complaining. You can use any of the lock request buttons or the fob to lock.

If the hatch is open for an extended period of time then what you have described occurs. I have experienced this.

• close all four doors
  • open hatch
  • close hatch
  • walk away
  • mine did not lock

Works for me... no issues. EXCEPT when Xeler8 said: if trunk open for EXTENDED period of time.

Works for me... no issues. EXCEPT when Xeler8 said: if trunk open for EXTENDED period of time.

I was open about a minute. Would you consider that extended?

Seems to be a lot a variability between cars.

So what I'm gathering here is that perhaps my car actually is faulty? I was being generous saying maybe I was 5ft away when closing the door (The length of my arm + a wide open door being pushed closed). Just 10mins ago I got out to go to grab a coffee up the street. Just me, no tailgate, no passengers. Came back and the door was unlocked. Probably happens to me 50% of the time. I might try to replace the battery and see if that improves it, but I've noticed this since day 1 (Car is only 9mo old).

Still confuses me how it is programmed to not work. After 30s it should lock. I just can't understand how that is not part of the feature. I live in the city and undoubtedly it's a matter of time before anything of value in my car will be gone.

Back