Way to change startup volume?

nuggstein

:
engine
Hey everyone, new here.

Just traded in a 2012 Volkswagen GTI for a brand new 2018 CX-5 Touring with Preferred package. Loving the Bose stereo, and the ride.

Anyways, is there a way to set the startup volume of the speakers? I had that ability on the GTI, and now it seems that I have to remember to lower the volume of the car when I am exiting it. I listen to it pretty loud, and it will be a pain if I forget...especially if it's late at night.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

The volume will remain in the same position as it was when you left the vehicle.

Either mute it or lower it to zero before exiting. It's not that hard. Other than that you can't set a volume at startup.

I, almost subconsciously at this point, start lowering the volume as soon as I push the Start button. Although very recently I have gotten into the habit of lowering it before I shut down.
A lot of cars are like this but I agree... my Saab had a setting for this as does our Volvo.
Swedes and Germans apparently. :D

Thanks everyone. That's unfortunate. Looks like I'm going to have to get rid of it immediately.

Just kidding.

Either mute it or lower it to zero before exiting. It's not that hard. Other than that you can't set a volume at startup.

Indeed - these are the two options to cover for the fact there is actually no off switch.

Back