2017~2024 2018 Mazda CX-5 Active Driving Display not showing GPS route directions

Johninflamez

:
2018 Mazda CX-5 GT w/Tech
Hello all!
I own a 2018 Mazda CX-5 GT with Tech pack. I have noticed this weird issue wherein I use the GPS to go to a destination but the Active Driving Display (ADD) does not pick up the route directions from the GPS and project it on the HUD.

I switched off the car at a red light and switched it back on post which the ADD was showing the route directions.

Has this happened to anyone? I've faced this twice now and wondering if I need to take it to the dealership.

Been 3 months now since the car was delivered to me.

Cheers,
John

Looks strange to me. My HUD always shows the directions. If it shows them after you restart the car, it's not a HUD setting.

I'm not sure about the HUD settings, but whenever i use the GPS for directions, the route is automatically shown in my ADD. However in these two instances, the ADD did not pick up the route directions and i had to switch off the car and start it again to get it to display up in the HUD.

Seems very strange to me and wanted to know if someone has faced this as well.

Any inputs from our forum gurus?

If memory serves, a few users here have had the same issue and a restart of the CX-5 fixes the issue.

Can't remember if there is a TSB on this....

I have this issue, have to go into the settings, disable and enable the "display directions" in the HUD settings and then it comes back on.

Back