CX-7 Leather seats conversion

Linzoom

:
2010 Mazda CX-7 Classic Series 2
I have a 2010 CX-7 Classic (Australian model) with cloth seats and no lumbar or tilt function (hand), and have the opportunity to purchase a leather interior (no memory drivers seat, but who cares)...anyone done a seat conversion in one of these, and what wiring, if any, does Mazda provide for updates such as these i.e. power for heated seats/console switches/seat electrics?
If they're anything like the Australian base model Falcons, you need to retrofit extra wiring looms to power 'em up.

Thanks in advance.

Never mind...I've opened up the back of the drivers seat and repacked behind the springs with high density foam, creating a permanent lumbar support, and lifted the rear of the seat tracks with a 1/4" steel spacer and longer high tensile steel bolts either side for better seat angle...works very well!

* UPDATE*

Ended up buying the leather seats out of a Luxury Sport model, found that no wiring was present in my base model car for the heated seats or drivers seat electrics, so I got all the connectors with some wiring from the wreckers and made up my own looms (no thanks whatsoever to Mazda) and fitted them a couple of weeks ago...so good to have electric drivers seat and also some heat for my poor aching back hahaha.
As we say here in Orstraylia, "pics or it didn't happen", so here goes...

P8200319 by Linz, on Flickr

P8200321 by Linz, on Flickr

P8170317 by Linz, on Flickr

P8170316 by Linz, on Flickr

P8170315 by Linz, on Flickr

* UPDATE*

Ended up buying the leather seats out of a Luxury Sport model, found that no wiring was present in my base model car for the heated seats or drivers seat electrics, so I got all the connectors with some wiring from the wreckers and made up my own looms (no thanks whatsoever to Mazda) and fitted them a couple of weeks ago...so good to have electric drivers seat and also some heat for my poor aching back hahaha.
As we say here in Orstraylia, "pics or it didn't happen", so here goes...

P8200319 by Linz, on Flickr

P8200321 by Linz, on Flickr

P8170317 by Linz, on Flickr

P8170316 by Linz, on Flickr

P8170315 by Linz, on Flickr
Hi Linz, i know it is an old thread, but i was thinking of doing the exact same thing. Someone near me place is private selling his blown engine cx7 and i just need your experience. My first question is, what is the connectors, wiring did you get from the wrecker? and is it plug and play? or did you need to do any modifications or splicing whatsoever? thanks in advance mate.

Back