Chain?

:
2021 Acura RDX
Hello!

I have a 17 GT, and I was wondering if it has a timing chain. Also, it is a V-6, correct? I love the engine, but I hate the lag until about 3k when the power kicks in... almost feels like a turbo engine!

Maybe you are feeling the lag between pressing the accelerator and the downshift required to get decent acceleration.

You can get an ECU tune to bump up the torque curve all over the power band.

Also I am moving this to the engine section as it is an engine topic..

Www.ovtuned.com. looks like they are redoing the website and I couldn't find a dyno. Expect up to 30hp/ftlb where it was not available before. Lots of detail here. http://forum.mazda6club.com/2-5l-i-...ults-technical-discussion.html#/topics/342618

Did this ever get legit dyno confirmed by at least a semi 3rd party (customer using a non-OVT owned/affiliated dyno, or track numbers in the form of trap speed?)

How long have people had on the OVT tune without the engine having issues?

Honestly, when I get this land deal squared away, I'm sorely tempted to do the OVT thing. I've finally gotten terminally bored of this CX5, and if this breathes a legit 20+hp/tq into it, it will make me all happy again, but I'm not messing with shift points, rev limiters, and want to know he isn't popping engines.

Last edited:
Did this ever get legit dyno confirmed by at least a semi 3rd party (customer using a non-OVT owned/affiliated dyno, or track numbers in the form of trap speed?)

How long have people had on the OVT tune without the engine having issues?

Honestly, when I get this land deal squared away, I'm sorely tempted to do the OVT thing. I've finally gotten terminally bored of this CX5, and if this breathes a legit 20+hp/tq into it, it will make me all happy again, but I'm not messing with shift points, rev limiters, and want to know he isn't popping engines.
3 or 4 years now... all over the world various platforms

There's a guy in the Mazda6 club whom had his car tuned since new and tuned shortly after purchase...100k miles no issues.

Last edited:
Anyway, heres a nice picture of the timing chain and cam arrangement.

Attachments

• CD VVT.pdf
    149 KB · Views: 214
If you want to be in the know about performance mods/tuning the following fb page are a good start
First and foremost
Mazda 3 tuning group https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=535363713253123&ref=content_filter

Then
Mazda 3 revolution (fb page not forum)
https://m.facebook.com/groups/393463277381338?tsid=0.5443331813154153&source=result

Plenty of worldwide feedback available on all gas/diesel sky motors and MZR. If you want increase in output its the only legit way. Some $300 "pedal box" I see stickers buying on the cx5 page is not gonna do it. Placing the trans in sport mode is not gonna do it. Adding and Sri and exhaust is not gonna give you the performance gained from simply getting an ECU tune (while costing a lot more).

There is also mazda 3 owners club.

Last edited:
It’s strange how VMs have to type approve every nut and washer yet owners are free to modify virtually any part of their car based on a whim. I wonder what effects these mods have on safety and performance other than subjective opinion. I can’t wait until they get restricted to off road track and completely outlawed on public roads. That’s not out of spite but consideration for safety and other people.

Back