H&R Lowering Springs - Before and After Pics

Hopefully these pics will show the amount of change after the springs were installed. Difference is subtle but very noticeable to me. Not that noticeable to most other people but that's okay. Overall the drop was just about what H&R claims...1.25" in front and about 1.75" in rear.

We'll see how things hold up over the next 10,000 miles but so far the ride is just ever so slightly "stiffer" and I am okay with that. Alignment was okay after installation but I'll be safe and have it checked again in a few thousand miles.
<fingers crossed="">
Bill

attachment.php

CX-5 before being lowered  3.jpg

attachment.php

CX-5 after being lowered.jpg</fingers>

Pull up next to a stock gen 1 and you'll notice the difference immediately from the seat!

thanks for the warm welcome-back guys!

And no. If you want to participate you need to be cleared by Antoine. You've already proved you don't know how to act around here. Participation up for review as of now.

Looks nice. I had to really go back and forth between the before and after pics as it was very subtle looking.

I just ordered the eibach springs. I think it lowers it 1.0/1.85 inches so should look similar.

Did you do the install yourself? Or so how was it?

I just ordered the eibach springs. I think it lowers it 1.0/1.85 inches so should look similar.

Did you do the install yourself? Or so how was it?

I don't see springs for CX-5s on the Eibach web site. Something new?

I had my H&R springs installed at a shop that does suspension work. Had them align everything once the springs were installed. Then went back for an alignment check after letting the springs "settle in" for a few hundred miles. So far everything is good and my shocks and struts have not exploded. (drive)

Parked next to a non-lowered Gen 1 the other day. Subtle difference.

attachment.php

Attachments

• CX-5 Side by Side Pic.jpg
    CX-5 Side by Side Pic.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 4,193
Last edited:
I don't see springs for CX-5s on the Eibach web site. Something new?

I had my H&R springs installed at a shop that does suspension work. Had them align everything once the springs were installed. Then went back for an alignment check after letting the springs "settle in" for a few hundred miles. So far everything is good and my shocks and struts have not exploded. (drive)

https://eibach.com/us/i-9940-pro-kit-performance-springs-set-of-4-springs.html

its for the 2017-18 model. Got them off ebay with the 20% off for $198 shipped, now i need to figure a local shop that can install them.

Ahhhh...my bad. I searched for my year (2014) so didn't see them.

Let us know how you like them. I like the fact that they were tested with the original suspension parts. That way your struts and shocks won't explode! (wink)

Just for info these are the Eibach springs fitted.

y4msu9kIZrkdMOOJOr8-5oejzmaFtA5xveN1FWoy3RZ2fKxKEmywNoK7Drodo7V9xoZs6u3vBUvioDNKzyj6bTjQLCS9A9ocNhas0sBfZf4ryKrAwrXNJ7QJuBKI3g_-QRYf1dnw5iWNEuCrW5yoRna4lB6r42igi_BrqYna7QchmtBa6TFBmmsQBmDsuCukexdgbjnPwq6Ac6YuNSXNXpkXg

y4mbvaGwojzd_XbAseqlvud8QMJwpjFfv9PIy1xlN51VjOBeGsONLBJcHt09XKVgAbj_dnqXB58XP6UtBaQ3LAtyb-XF9dnGQdiM_Kq7KErVfunJHn2WCZ1-PNsdZ-OgSQYQdiUTpTis4upYAZyR0N0-dsSNYVot5bMrDF_6unp6ZDK7gdTnCJVuIilTSOhqaJWiMpECwF1hJhsWItpIj9dWw

Although they have settled down a little bit more now.
Ken

SA Bill, it would have been nice, if I could have parked next to you, to see the CS spring difference as well.

KennyC - that looks great. Stock 2nd gen is too high and looks goofy in my opinion. The mild drop looks perfect, like it came that way factory. Now, do I just go for it, or see if Mazda is really making the 2.5T optional next year...

Damn it. Now I want. I miss my 3 hatch, and this would get the CX a little closer to the untouchable 6 wagon I've lusted for since I bought my 3.

Back