Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Michelin Premier LTX

Registered Member

2014 cx5 touring AWD

New tires will almost always have worse mpg than old worn out tires. A tire with lower tread depth has less rubber flex due to both less rubber and rubber hardens through time.

I just installed 17" Nankang SP-9 tires $230 shipped all 4 eBay with a random coupon I found. The tires have excellent grip dry and wet, decently quiet (much quieter than oem tires) and roll smooth and track very straight. I usually would never look at a Chinese tire but for the price and all the positive reviews I saw I decided to give them a go and am very glad I did.

CX-5 Touring 2016.5

Read an article on TTAC or Jalopnik not sure. It was on Michelin tires and their grip / performance at various tread depths.
    Worn out Michelins had superior grip than most new tires as well. Its shocking to see that. I would never get a good year again - after their recent scandals with RV tires and the associated casualties. Its either Michelins or Altimax for me. I hope to find good deal on Michelins but there is a reason this brand has been #1 for as long as I can remember.

Brand A is Michelin. Article argues that bald cheap tires are being replaced and its better to avoid them altogether to save money and also for better worn out performance.

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/201...illing-planet/
    DONT MESS WITH TEXAS. **

**If you do - be a man and pay the hopital bills

Donated: $5

2017 CX-5 GT AWD Tech

Quote Originally Posted by Cx5NY View Post
    I usually would never look at a Chinese tire but for the price and all the positive reviews I saw I decided to give them a go and am very glad I did.
    Yeah, we got over the "jap crap" thing decades ago. Because it stopped being crap.
    Now it's time to stop automatically worrying about Chinese quality. It's no longer always garbage [just sometimes, maybe no more than stuff made anywhere else]. In fact, some of their stuff is surprisingly excellent.

Resident barbarian ColoradoDriver's Avatar
    Donated: $5

2014 CX-5 Touring AWD

Quote Originally Posted by shadonoz View Post
    Yeah, we got over the "jap crap" thing decades ago. Because it stopped being crap.
    Now it's time to stop automatically worrying about Chinese quality. It's no longer always garbage [just sometimes, maybe no more than stuff made anywhere else]. In fact, some of their stuff is surprisingly excellent.
    Yeah I mean, the devices you and I are using to read and post on this fine forum here was probably all made in China
    Last edited by ColoradoDriver; 06-07-2018 at 03:09 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12