Mazda CX-5 2018 - Key Fob covers

:
Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring 2018
Just got these today. They fit very nicely and they feel soft in hand. Amazon link below. The rings are thicker and you can see the key rings stretched out a bit so I’m going to have to find rings with less metal memory.

c0c2f5fc6d266c0f46614bfbcabfd4c6.jpg

Qty(2) Alegender Full protector Silicone Smart Key Fob Cover Case Protector Shell for 2017 2018 Mazda CX-5 CX-7 CX-9 MX-5 Miata Mazda 3 6 Smart key Remote 4 Buttons https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

Looking good!

To tell you the truth, I have very rarely used my key fobs/transponders since I bought mine. I primarily used the buttons on the 2 doors as well as the tailgate buttons (the first button to open/close the tailgate and then second button on the tailgate to lock the CX-5) as well as the auto lock function.

The key fob/transponder remains in my pocket the whole time.

Looking good!

To tell you the truth, I have very rarely used my key fobs/transponders since I bought mine. I primarily used the buttons on the 2 doors as well as the tailgate buttons (the first button to open/close the tailgate and then second button on the tailgate to lock the CX-5) as well as the auto lock function.

The key fob/transponder remains in my pocket the whole time.

Yeah, totally not necessary. But I kinda went all in on buying accessories for my new car... see my other posts.

Looks nice, I'm using the stitched leather one

27507714887_8dbb7b6bae_b.jpg

I don't use my keys too often to lock/unlock the car but I've dropped it enough to finally get a case for it lol

I started to use the key fob case to attach to my belt loop. When the keys were in my pocket and I bent down, it would some times trigger the hatch button. Not really good to come back and find the tailgate up or worst, the tailgate trying to go up against a closed garage door.

I started to use the key fob case to attach to my belt loop. When the keys were in my pocket and I bent down, it would some times trigger the hatch button. Not really good to come back and find the tailgate up or worst, the tailgate trying to go up against a closed garage door.

Could be that your pockets are smaller than normal and not having enough room inside thereby causing the buttons to engage (uhm)

Not really. When you have other keys like house or office in the pockets, very easy for them to press against the buttons.

Not really. When you have other keys like house or office in the pockets, very easy for them to press against the buttons.
I've got 2 other car key fobs/transponders plus 4 other keys and so far haven't accidentally pressed a button. Mind you my pants pockets are fairly wide and loose.

(hmm)

Sorry for asking...
My keys don't seem to have it and I can't find it in the manual either, so I was wondering...
What does the bottom "!Hold" button do?

Sorry for asking...
My keys don't seem to have it and I can't find it in the manual either, so I was wondering...
What does the bottom "!Hold" button do?

That is a panic button. Not in all regions for some reason. Horn beeps, lights flash.

Back