Thread: Strutbar

Registered Member

CX5

Strutbar

Has anybody here tried this :

Strut bar TTCR-II For Mazda CX-5 13-18 Suspension system Strut Bar Car Accessories Alloy Stabilizer Bar Car Styling Tension Rod
    http://s.aliexpress.com/YrUB3yQF?fromSns=Copy

Another options other than this and autoexe?
    Last edited by Nelson de Leon; 05-26-2018 at 12:13 AM.

Registered Member

Mazda CX-5

Don't know. The car comes with a front strut tower brace. A different one is unlikely to make any difference. The lower suspension braces may well help. The pics are not good enough to tell if the attachment points are good enough to help. The rear brace interferes with cargo and is unacceptable to me for that reason. A CX-5 is not a Mustang.

This is an important principle. Chassis braces are not needed for strength. The car is strong enough already. Chassis braces are needed for stiffness. They need to prevent only the first 1 to 3 mm of deflection forcing the stress into the chassis before it can flex. This means large dimensions (fat) and braces that create triangles or ARE triangles. It also means no hinges. The strut tower brace in your link has a hinge at each end.

This is a fairly good Front brace for a Miata. It can't make a triangle due to the location of the attachment points. Note that all connections are welded.

As is the factory brace:

A good lower chassis brace:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ColtX-5; 05-26-2018 at 01:01 PM.
    '06 MX-5 6MT, Custom Sprung Ohlins, Tomei LSD
    '16.5 CX-5 T AWD w/more Soul
    IBA/COG Desmoquattro for pleasure

Registrierte Benutzer Chris_Top_Her's Avatar
    Donated: $45
    CX Moderator

'15 CX-5 Miata GT AWD w/Tech 2.5L

I wouldn't call that an STB.. For one it doesn't interface with the struts/springs at all (it's not connected to the suspension through the mounting studs and/or bolts); That's a mount for the cowling. It's also very thin and flexible. Also a hinge doesn't necessarily mean it's inferior.. OEM Mazda RX7 FD3S bars are hinged as are some others. That's actually a damn good price for what's included in that set. I really like that style of rear bracing because I wanted a rear tower bar, but it seems that Autoexe is the only company selling one (expensive). I wonder if the seats can go up with that.

Myself I like Ultra racing, which is also what I use. There is a guy here selling an Ultra Racing STB on the seller page and cx-5 club page.
    Last edited by Chris_Top_Her; 05-26-2018 at 05:56 PM.

Registered Member

CX5

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_Top_Her View Post
    I wouldn't call that an STB.. For one it doesn't interface with the struts/springs at all (it's not connected to the suspension through the mounting studs and/or bolts); That's a mount for the cowling. It's also very thin and flexible. Also a hinge doesn't necessarily mean it's inferior.. OEM Mazda RX7 FD3S bars are hinged as are some others. That's actually a damn good price for what's included in that set. I really like that style of rear bracing because I wanted a rear tower bar, but it seems that Autoexe is the only company selling one (expensive). I wonder if the seats can go up with that.

Myself I like Ultra racing, which is also what I use. There is a guy here selling an Ultra Racing STB on the seller page and cx-5 club page.
    A friend also recommended Ultra Racing and have sent a message to them via FB, local Ph counterpart. I have yet to receive a reply.

CX Moderator

You probably get Ur for a good price since they are based in Malaysia
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Registered Member

CX5

Ultra only has STB. No member bracing.

How about this:

Strut bar TTCR-II For Mazda CX-5 13-18 Suspension system Strut Bar Car Accessories Alloy Stabilizer Bar Car Styling Tension Rod
    http://s.aliexpress.com/YrUB3yQF?fromSns=Copy to Clipboard

CX Moderator

Good price for the set. Cheaper than UR since it's bundled. But it's also aluminum so less strength.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Registered Member

CX5

Hello Chris! I'm still on the hunt for suspension upgrades. Do you know if the gen 1 and 2 CX-5 underchassis etc are identical? It seems Ultra Racing doesn't have parts for gen 2 yet and is asking me.

Registered Member

CX-5 AWD GT

Well chassis hasnít changed for wheel alignments since our workshop machine is saying cx5 2012- so I guess itís still the same

Registered Member

CX5

Quote Originally Posted by sergeyv View Post
    Well chassis hasnít changed for wheel alignments since our workshop machine is saying cx5 2012- so I guess itís still the same
    Thanks. I forgot to update this. Megan racing confirmed that both gen 1 & 2 are identical.

Registered Member

Mazda CX5 GT

Have you ordered the parts for your gen 2? Love to hear about your progress.

Registered Member

CX5

Quote Originally Posted by jdqdang View Post
    Have you ordered the parts for your gen 2? Love to hear about your progress.
    Yeah. Waiting from Ultra Racing.