2017 Mazda5 - Clean Japanese Title or still some Fords parts left in it?

mondi

:
Mazda CX 5
Hi everyone,
I'm a Mazda fan since the first day I drove a Mazda car...I've owned a 2013 Mazda CX-5 but at this point in my life, I needed the third row of seats in the car and something more practical, and of course, the Mazda5 minivan is doing the job just fine. Downgrading from the SkyActiv to 2.5 MZR old engine was not easy, but I will manage this thing for now. I got the last generation and the last 2017 Mazda5 minivan that is currently being sold in North America (Canada only) for under 20k Canadian Dollars, probably the cheapest car/van that you can buy right now in Canada. Mazda sliced the prices on this minivan just because they want all the stock cleared to bring more CX-5's because the sales are going through the roof here - I see more and more and more of these CX-5's on the road and it looks like they hit the jack pot with this car.

My question is: are there any Ford (crappy) parts left on this 2017 Mazda 5 or is (almost) a Japanese clean title car in terms of parts used to build this minivan at the Hiroshima plant in Japan?
I know for sure that the 2013 CX-5 had a Japanese clean title, but my Internet search about the Mazda 5 didn't return any helpful results. Thank you very much for your replies.

Welcome to the club!
This is left over Ford-assisted design at least power train wise.

Thank you very much Vasy. At this point, I'm just hoping that Mazda improved or corrected all the mistakes that they had with this car due to the Ford-assisted design. For the price I paid for the car, could not beat this on the market right now, the value for the money is pretty good and best of all, I still have the Mazda handling, which I genuinely love it!

My 2012 Mazda5 is the same as yours. I bought it new in 2011 (Touring) for $19,500 US. MSRP was 22K. Similar to you, I bought it for "value." We have owned 9 other Mazdas. Our 5 (today at 97,000 miles), has been the lowest quality product from Mazda. That said, it was half price of other minivans. As they say, you get what you pay for. We are keeping ours 3 more years, till it hits 150,000 miles.

Thank you very much for your reply, 90210...I will try to stay positive and love and babysit the minivan like my other Mazdas that I've owned. I agree with you, you get what you pay for, hopefully I will not be disappointed by the reliability of the car. The quality of the plastics and the features inside the car are on the low end, but I don't care to much at this point in life...I cannot compare it with a Siena or an Odissey, but is doing the job just fine, it's still a good and practical family vehicle that it will carry anything that you can throw in it.

Yup ours doing the job fine as well

Just that it’s a tier 2/3 manufacturer and can’t compete with the Honda/Toyota quality . I do lots of trips owth 6 people and full roof 21 cubic feet box and it has been fine

But it has needed parts at only 80-90k miles that most Toyota/Honda don’t need till 200k Miles

Oh well . It is what it is. I need to get 50k miles and 36 more months out of mine. It will be our last ever Mazda

I can confirm the shock mounts are Ford. Here is the OEM broken shock mount that I had to change out recently. This is the 3rd time they are being replace, twice by me and once by the dealer, thus the OEM part.

cache.php

5pmbp.jpg

I can confirm the shock mounts are Ford. Here is the OEM broken shock mount that I had to change out recently. This is the 3rd time they are being replace, twice by me and once by the dealer, thus the OEM part.

I couldn't find a lot of threads on these rear upper shock mounts to reply to, but this one seemed fairly recent and I know these shock mounts corroding and breaking is a common problem.

I've busted 3 of these in 3 years (salty MN roads!) The first time I broke one I had to do in a hurry, just picked up what local NAPA had and installed 2 new ones, figured unbroken original one was soon to go if other one was corroded. We less than 3 years later one of those replacements corroded and broke a couple months ago. I had more time to replace, did some searching and all I could find were OEM style cast aluminum, nothing machined or upgraded, so I installed just a replacement for the one that broke. Last week the other one finally went, and when I went to reserve online for my store pickup, I actually found a heavy duty steel replacement! Did a little more digging and both NAPA and Oreilly have them available. I'm not sure if they are newly available or if I just missed it before, but I now have 2 steel ones installed and hope to never have to replace again:

https://www.dormanproducts.com/p-97793-924-412hp.aspx

https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/NDP92404121

https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/...5626693/2006/mazda/5?q=rear+shock+mount&pos=3

but I now have 2 steel ones installed and hope to never have to replace again:
MN roads would like a word with you, haha.

Thanks for doing the research. Good to know when the standard versions inevitably snap, there's a better alternative.

Latest posts

Back