Parchment Leather getting hard

For one I would NOT recommend Meguiars Rich Leather Cleaner/Conditioner Wipes.
It leaves the seats glossy and it smells like vomit for a while after.
Ewww. I ordered it and just had it delivered. Thanks for the heads-up. I'll return it.
I'll stick to 303 Aerospace Protectant.

Last edited:
Ewww. I ordered it and just had it delivered. Thanks for the heads-up. I'll return it.
I'll stick to 303 Aerospace Protectant.

Got my 303 Aerospace Protectant from Cabelas in the boating section. I notice it softens vinyl in cars and works good on my real leather furniture at home. Over 2,000 reviews on Amazon with a low 2% 1-star review count. I notice one person use it on his front house door. May have to try that too!!

I have tried a few different products on the Mazda's leather seats. A few of them I did not like as it was either blotchy or would stiffen the leather a bit. I really like meguiars's ultimate leather balm. You only need a little bit, and it goes a long way. Don't load the applicator up with too much product or it will collect in the perforations.

So I put my 40/20 rear seats down to make room for some empty cardboard boxes and when I lifted the seat back up, there were indentations in the leather that wont go away. Theyve been there for a week now. Really sucks. I have seat protectors but I took it off because I only used them for underneath my kids car seats. Never had this happen to other vehicles with leather before

So I put my 40/20 rear seats down to make room for some empty cardboard boxes and when I lifted the seat back up, there were indentations in the leather that won’t go away. They’ve been there for a week now. Really sucks. I have seat protectors but I took it off because I only used them for underneath my kids car seats. Never had this happen to other vehicles with leather before

I would leave it alone. Otherwise carefully use heat.

1 big reason for leather going dry is heat. It takes $10 to buy a windshield reflector and before leaving the car baking under the hot sun spend < 1 min. unfolding that reflective layer. They are sold dime a dozen everywhere. Just get one for SUV. My parchment leather - 2016 feels supple and new and for 3 years takes +12 hrs of sun 5 days / week in open air and every Sat. another 5 hrs.

Back