2017~2024 2018 System Errors Already

:
2020 CX-5 GT Resrv
I’ve got about 1k miles in my 2018 Touring with PEP and I’ve gotten system errors twice already. I’ve had the car less than two weeks. The airbag error was resolved by just cycling the car off and back on. But now I just got a new error for basically all the iactive features and I cycled the car off and on and it didn’t fix it. I’ll obviously be taking it to the dealer. But wtf?
b534cd1ea980b865e6d29ae591a7a302.jpg
090e5021d23c7949b382921a17b2fd83.jpg

i work in IT. I've taken brand new products out of the box and they've failed immediately or within a couple weeks. this is the nature of electronics despite QA efforts. as you said, take it to the dealer. either the software needs to be reset or, worst case scenario, replaced. as cool as new cars are with all the tech, even working in IT, it's a little distressing that there are so many computers and sensors in cars now and each of those could fail without warning.

I have had 2 lights on my dash once. Its just a weird feeling when you haul precious cargo in it - your mind just tells you car is slipping or losing grip and starts playing games. I am hoping its a small bug or a bad part. Good that you captured it - take it soon for them to be able to read the codes.
good luck.

I had a bunch of errors around 900 miles. They all showed up in the Warnings screen. Next day they were gone, never to return. Currently have 18,400 miles.

I had a bunch of errors around 900 miles. They all showed up in the Warnings screen. Next day they were gone, never to return. Currently have 18,400 miles.

Sounds like a software glitch that corrected itself....

I’ll dare state the obvious and ask if you’ve inspected the front camera and radar for obstructions. If they’re clear, hopefully it’s just a software glitch.

I’ll dare state the obvious and ask if you’ve inspected the front camera and radar for obstructions. If they’re clear, hopefully it’s just a software glitch.

There were no obstructions on the Mazda emblem in the front grill, and nothing I could see on the sensors in the middle top of the windshield. When I got the error for the iactive features, it was raining. I don’t know if that makes a difference.

Also, I have since driven the car with no errors. But I’m still taking it to the dealership tomorrow, I at least want this documented to cover my ass down the road if this continues.

There were no obstructions on the Mazda emblem in the front grill, and nothing I could see on the sensors in the middle top of the windshield. When I got the error for the iactive features, it was raining. I don’t know if that makes a difference.

Maybe there was a leak and some rain got in somewhere (uhm)

Also, I have since driven the car with no errors. But I’m still taking it to the dealership tomorrow, I at least want this documented to cover my ass down the road if this continues.

iirc, there was a TSB recently about condensation temporarily causing these types of error warnings

Ok so got the car back yesterday. They had it for a little over 24 hours. Service advisor said there has been a problem with the 18s that the temp sensor in the front facing camera malfunctions occasionally, thinking it is overheating when it isn’t. They updated the software and sent me on my way. He said if it happens again, they will replace the entire system.

Ok so got the car back yesterday. They had it for a little over 24 hours. Service advisor said there has been a problem with the 18s that the temp sensor in the front facing camera malfunctions occasionally, thinking it is overheating when it isn’t. They updated the software and sent me on my way. He said if it happens again, they will replace the entire system.

Good to hear they identified the problem and did a fix.

Fingers crossed you don't have to get the entire system replaced

I've had the forward facing camera error 3 times now. All were cleared with a re-start. TimPro do you have anything that I can show my dealer? It would great to have a peremptory fix rather than waiting for a failure.

I've had the forward facing camera error 3 times now. All were cleared with a re-start. TimPro do you have anything that I can show my dealer? It would great to have a peremptory fix rather than waiting for a failure.

Maybe take photos of all errors and show it to your dealer (uhm)

195e07992861ea8fe042b5e0212d09bb.jpg

860b68b68fccb01ef96e9c484f75ac25.jpg

5f85dd5022aa8412d68d8cfbafdaa476.jpg

I attached the pics of the errors I had

Update: have not had any issues since getting the car back from the dealer.

Back