Auto Headlights

:
2021 Acura RDX
Hello!

So, I am out of town on a business trip. However, on my 4-hour drive early this morning, I was messing with the auto brights (headlights) and the dimming/turning on off when cars are approaching, etc. While doing so, I noticed that my turn signal stalk had to be pushed forward the entire time for this feature to work. Is this normal? Do I just leave it like that during the day as well? (I dont drive at night that often)

Do most of you like this feature, or prefer doing it manually?

Anyway, if someone could let me know before my drive back to tonight, that would be great!

Also, will keeping the stalk forward during the day time(s) cause unnecessary wear on the headlight system?

Thanks much!

This is normal. Stalk forward = auto switching between low and high beams. Stalk back = low beams only. I leave mine forward in auto.

The auto wiper stalk gets much more use... fog and condensation make the auto wipers go wild on my morning commute and I have to disable them for the first five minutes or so :/

Hello!

So, I am out of town on a business trip. However, on my 4-hour drive early this morning, I was messing with the auto brights (headlights) and the dimming/turning on off when cars are approaching, etc. While doing so, I noticed that my turn signal stalk had to be pushed forward the entire time for this feature to work. Is this normal? Do I just leave it like that during the day as well? (I don’t drive at night that often)

Do most of you like this feature, or prefer doing it manually?

Anyway, if someone could let me know before my drive back to tonight, that would be great!

Also, will keeping the stalk forward during the day time(s) cause unnecessary wear on the headlight system?

Thanks much!
Like Mazda_TX said, High Beam Control System (HBC) is activated when the headlight switch is in "AUTO" and high-beam position and a green indicator will be on in instrument cluster.

Like many other "Auto" features, I personally won't use HBC even if I have one. I don't use "Auto" headlights and automatic climate control either.

And no, keeping headlight stalk forward in high-beam position during the day won't affect anything. You can keep it there all the time if you prefer.

attachment.php

IMG_0288.PNG

Like many other "Auto" features, I personally won't use HBC even if I have one. I don't use "Auto" headlights and automatic climate control either.

Do you prefer manual windows as well?

thanks for this thread as I couldn't figure how to turn the auto high beams on, didn't know I had to push the lever forward.

yeah the high beams turn off only if high beams are told to be turned on in the first place. it's not going to low beam into high beam, it will high beam into low beam. personally I don't use this because of how sensitive it is--sometimes it flashes incoming cars, at least in the US the auto high beam is kind of a joke. plus, the LEDs are so bright anyway, in the rare cases I need to see down a dark road I'll just switch it manually. If I lived in Australia or whatever where they have the legit LED deactivation high beams, i'd probably use it

I would imagine that if I live in a rural area, HBC might be more useful to me.
I have HBC on my GT, but I only used it a couple times, and had it off ever since.

Back