CX-5 Oil

if you are burning this much oil, it most certainly is impacting performance...

OP, did you see metal flakes after the first oil change in the vehicles life, or did you see it later on? if you saw it later on, that is NOT good.

if you are burning this much oil, it means you drove the car aggressively when it was still new. bad idea.

if you are changing your own oil and worried about consumption, you might want to switch to a thicker oil weight to stop most of the consumption.

That oil change must have been the 3rd or 4th one, but it was the second oil change that I completed while it was in my possession. The first oil change I did on the CX-5 was completely fine and normal.

At the moment, the car seems to have stopped burning oil and seems to be running fine. I did not run the car hard as my wife is the primary driver and literally just uses it to commute to and from work and was not ran hard; mostly just stop and go traffic. We do use it over the weekends but I do like to switch off with my car (09 Nissan Versa (evil))

I will keep everyone posted as I am planning on doing another oil change after 5,000 Miles. Currently, we have driven it about 1,500 miles, give or take a hundred miles.

Thanks everyone for all your input!

Back