2017~2024 So annoying...

:
2018 CX-5 Touring AWD
I have an iPhone that I have paired via blutooth to my 2018 CX-5 so I can listen to the music stored in my iPhone or, usually, to Spotify. Well, from time to time my car and my phone do not talk to each other. The car recognizes my phone but does not play the songs my phone is playing. This happens with both, Spotify and iTunes songs. Hell, it happens with anything playing out of my phone that I tried playing. I shut off my car and restarted my phone, then started both, nothing. I un-paired both devices and re-paired them, nothing. I've tried everything and could not get any music to play on my car. Like I said, my car recognizes that it is paired with my phone but it won't play anything coming out of it. Usually this problem is solved when the car has been turned off for a few hours, like, say, after I turn it off because I'm at work, I return in the afternoon and it is as if nothing had happened--everything is hunky dory!

Has this happened to you? How did you manage to solve this problem once and for all? Or is it possible to keep this problem from happening again?

Thank you.

Any other BT receiving device within range when this happens?

I've had something like that happen. Won't play through the interface on the car. Usually seems to happen when I have played something like a video or something else on the phone before I get into the car, something that uses the phones audio that the car doesn't recognize. It doesn't just switch to music. I have been just going to the phone and hitting play in iTunes and it gets it working again.

I have an iPhone that I have paired via blutooth to my 2018 CX-5 so I can listen to the music stored in my iPhone or, usually, to Spotify. Well, from time to time my car and my phone do not talk to each other. The car recognizes my phone but does not play the songs my phone is playing. This happens with both, Spotify and iTunes songs. Hell, it happens with anything playing out of my phone that I tried playing. I shut off my car and restarted my phone, then started both, nothing. I un-paired both devices and re-paired them, nothing. I've tried everything and could not get any music to play on my car. Like I said, my car recognizes that it is paired with my phone but it won't play anything coming out of it. Usually this problem is solved when the car has been turned off for a few hours, like, say, after I turn it off because I'm at work, I return in the afternoon and it is as if nothing had happened--everything is hunky dory!

Has this happened to you? How did you manage to solve this problem once and for all? Or is it possible to keep this problem from happening again?

Thank you.

This exact thing happens to me. Its apparently a software glitch. It mostly occurs when I turn my car on with my phone on me then walk away and come back to it, although one time it occurred after I started my car with my phone in my pocket. The former instance was easily replicable while the latter was not however. I tried everything to fix, even powering off my whole car and airplane mode cycling my phone and forgetting and repairing didnt work. However, the one thing that DID work was to force a hard reboot of the Mazda connect system by holding Back+Nav+Mute

I had a similar thing happen last week when I upgraded my iPhone 6 to an iPhone X. The 6 worked perfectly in my 2017, but the X wouldn't even connect. I had to go into my CX5's Bluetooth settings and disconnect ALL Bluetooth devices. I then turned off and then turned on Bluetooth on the X, and THEN it paired without issue and has been working fine ever since.

Back