Mazda CX5 2.2L 10kx - 6MT Diesel - Intermittant Juddering

seanmac

:
Mazda CX-5 Sport Nav
When driving I experience occasional juddering (not every trip) which clears itself after a while. I first noticed it when it was cold, wet and foggy. Turning off the heater and the fog lights made the problem go away reappearing when turned back on. I tested the battery and whilst ok it did have loss of voltage and at nearly 5 years old I replaced it for a new mazda one. This did not fix the problem.

The juddering feels like a loss of power or fuel blockage, changing gear makes no difference, the car picks up after a few minutes and is fine. The juddering is not present when I first start the car it occurs after driving for a number of miles.

Mileage is 43,500 (For the last two years we have only done about 5,000 miles per annum) The car is UK 63 (September 2013)

I'm after suggestions about what it could possibly be and remedies, so far I have

1) Water in the fuel filter - replace fuel filter
2) Dirty blocker fuel jets - clean jets

Do you notice this juddering just recently? My guess is what you feel is diesel particulate filter (DPF) regeneration in progress.

You need to check if your car is within the vin number range that was affected with premature wear on the Vacuum brake pump, and cam.
If you are out of that vin range, have you had the air filter and fuel filter changed per schedule, 3 years for the fuel filter.

The affected VIN number for possible camshaft problems is up to number 163230 as long as it start with JMZKE

Hi,

Did cross my mind as we are typically low speed low usage over the last couple of years, however we do have the car regularly serviced at Mazda so I assume that they use the recommended oil etc (They charge enough). There is no warning light showing to suggest its the filter but I'll definitely discuss it with the garage, thanks for taking the time to respond.

VIN number is JMZKE ... 161059 - the vehicle has a full service history undertaken by Mazda garages. Am I in the possible affected range?

Mazda CX5 2.2L 10kx - 6MT Diesel

SOOOOOO #$%@'ing jealous :(

Can't help you on your issue, sounds like you might be in an affected batch, hope you still have some warranty/a good dealer.

He does have a full Mazda service history so if it is related to a known issue, Mazda traditionally offer a large percentage of the cost.
I intend to keep mine past the warranty period but with a Mazda warranty....

Oil level is fine, in fact no judder for the last two trips (two days)

So my list is;
3) diesel particulate filter (DPF) clogged
4) premature wear on the Vacuum brake pump, and cam

My guess is 3

thanks for all the comments, I appreciate you taking the time, I will post the final answer when I get it

Oil level is fine, in fact no judder for the last two trips (two days)

So my list is;
3) diesel particulate filter (DPF) clogged
4) premature wear on the Vacuum brake pump, and cam

My guess is 3

thanks for all the comments, I appreciate you taking the time, I will post the final answer when I get it

Have a look on the facebook site for UK owners a few posts on there of interest with engine issues.

Back