CX-9 infortainment connector diagram for AIO tweaks hack

cottonee

:
Mazda, CX-9
I am trying to install AIO tweaks on my CX-9 year 2018. After I open the unit, I found out that the connector is different from the other models unit. Can anyone point me out where can I find the wiring diagram of the unit? I want to know which pin is Tx and Rx. Here are the photos of the unit.

Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• pic1.jpg
    pic1.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 810
  • pic2.jpg
    pic2.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 777
  • pic3.jpg
    pic3.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 730
I want to know as well. Could you tell me how you took out the head unit? The CX-9 has a hidden panel behind the screen. I haven't try to pull it out yet as it seems a bit hard when I try to pull out the front panel of the vent to access the screws.

Hi
Here is the manual how to remove the unit. It is not hard if you using the right tool. However, I am still searching for the unit's diagram.

Credit: thanks to jellyfish11 who post this manual.

Attachments

• SM376251.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 780
Last edited:
If you can take some picture of the 1) serial ports interface of the display unit after removal and 2) their plugs into the console, I'm gonna send it to Bijan Albuyeh who wrote incredible tutorials for programming mazda infotainment systems, after giving me permission of course. He may work something out and know which goes with which.

Additionally, for anyone who wants a video tutorial for display removal, here's one:

Last edited:
Thanks, Randomstuff, that what I want. The video shows how to remove the whole unit to get into the ports. I didn't' see the ports because I didn't remove the whole unit.

Very awesome Randomstuff. Let me see if I have time to pull mine out. Basically you want a picture of the connection for the screen and console right? Therefore I need to pull out the screen and the console and take pictures of the connection ports.

Very awesome Randomstuff. Let me see if I have time to pull mine out. Basically you want a picture of the connection for the screen and console right? Therefore I need to pull out the screen and the console and take pictures of the connection ports.

You're most welcome, guys. And I'd appreciate it if you do. I'll keep checking once you have replied again. Thank you in advance.

Tagging along for some info. I was actually going to install AA this weekend, but I didn't realize that the ports are different than what was shown in the tutorial. Waiting patiently...

Everyone is waiting for a hero. As for me, I've only got my new car for almost six months, so I don't wanna mess sth up, given the situation with guarantee period. If you could provide us with your attempt and the steps (visual ofc), you'd be helping so many people. Who knows, though? I might even get desperate and start working on mine. xD

CX9 CMU wiring diagrams are available in this post from jellyfish11:

https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/sho...16-2018-CX-9&p=6575412&viewfull=1#post6575412

It looks like the 0920-301B connector shown in both "AudioSystem 3a.pdf" and "AudioSystem 3h.pdf" matches the PIN layout shown at https://mazdatweaks.com/serial/. The top post of this thread looks like it's showing the connectors for the display, as 0920-304A and 0920-304B in "AudioSystem 3a.pdf" match "pic3.jpg" in this post, rather than the CMU, which you can apparently after removing the display. So cottonee maybe you need to remove the CMU next...? Has someone tried pulling the CMU out to see if we actually have the 0920-301B connector, or is that what people are waiting for? It seems like if we have this connector, we should be able to do the serial tweaks.

I can confirm (2016 GT) that you can:

1. remove the display
2. disconnect it
3. slide out / expose the connected CMU to get access to the RX/TX lines (2S/2T, same as in https://mazdatweaks.com/serial/)
4. send commands to the CMU, assuming you have solid-core wires -- the ones recommended in the above URL are very thin stranded wires which makes the process awful! I pulled some off of old audio component capacitors I had sitting around, twisted the stranded wire around those, and jammed them into the 2S/2T ports of the CMU.

So hopefully doing the upgrade to 70.0+ with proper Android Auto / CarPlay support should be easy once the region-specific firmware arrives. In the meantime, there is the version available in Mazda-AIO available for us, which works pretty well.

Did we ever find a hero? I recently bought a 2019 cx9 and have been scouring everywhere to be able to get MZD-AIO tweaks installed, but have only found little information. 😩

Back