Wifi and phone as hotspot

m4nTiS

:
Mazda CX-5 Optimum 2,5 AWD
Thought I saw a thread about this a while ago, but can't seem to find it with the search function.

I tested the Wifi function of the car the other day by connecting it to our home Wifi.
Seemed to work just fine as I got to see prices of the petrol stations, places nearby and some extra traffic info that wasn't there before I connected the car to the Wifi.

Soon we will be going on a 1300 km trip to the north of Sweden.
Since I can't take our home and the Wifi with us, I was thinking about using my phone as a hotspot.
I can use 10GB of data per month on my phone and I guess the car won't be that demanding, but just in case...
Anyone got an idea how much data the infotainment/navigation system pulls?

Thought I saw a thread about this a while ago, but can't seem to find it with the search function.

I tested the Wifi function of the car the other day by connecting it to our home Wifi.
Seemed to work just fine as I got to see prices of the petrol stations, places nearby and some extra traffic info that wasn't there before I connected the car to the Wifi.

Soon we will be going on a 1300 km trip to the north of Sweden.
Since I can't take our home and the Wifi with us, I was thinking about using my phone as a hotspot.
I can use 10GB of data per month on my phone and I guess the car won't be that demanding, but just in case...
Anyone got an idea how much data the infotainment/navigation system pulls?

I've calculated that I use no more than 50MB per month on the Live Traffic and that is using the cars most days. Even under very heavy use I would think it will top out as 100MB per month at the most. 10GB will be ample. By the way my data allowance on my phone is 250MB(eek) Not a priority for me as most data downloading is via my home WIFI.

Thanks for the info!
That looks reasonable to me.

I do a lot of Geocaching and then the 10GB surely comes in handy. ;)
Just to bad I can't load the geocaches into the navigation system of the CX-5.

Back