Stop and go cruise control is a game changer

BDIZ

:
2016 6 gt
Wow, coming from my 2016 6 GT with the adaptive cruise control, our new 2018 cx9 GT is amazing. On my 6, the cruise control will cancel if you get under 14 mph(or something around there).
Drove my wife's new CX9 to work today. Anybody that lives in the SF Bay Area can feel my pain about my commute. Basically 1 to 1.5 hours for a 28 mile drive up HWY 24 thru the tunnel from Oakland to Martinez.
With the CX9 I basically spent an hour without touching the gas or brake pedal. Just leisurely sitting in stop and go traffic while the car did all the work.
Really an amazing "game changing" feature.

I wonder if adding the stop and go to my car is simply a software issue, or more hardware related. Thoughts?

Wow, coming from my 2016 6 GT with the adaptive cruise control, our new 2018 cx9 GT is amazing. On my 6, the cruise control will cancel if you get under 14 mph(or something around there).
Drove my wife's new CX9 to work today. Anybody that lives in the SF Bay Area can feel my pain about my commute. Basically 1 to 1.5 hours for a 28 mile drive up HWY 24 thru the tunnel from Oakland to Martinez.
With the CX9 I basically spent an hour without touching the gas or brake pedal. Just leisurely sitting in stop and go traffic while the car did all the work.
Really an amazing "game changing" feature.

I wonder if adding the stop and go to my car is simply a software issue, or more hardware related. Thoughts?

Sorry to say that it's almost certainly hardware related...

There are cameras and radar elements, some up by the rear view mirror and some hidden behind the Mazda logo on the front emblem.

I could be wrong, but I don't think they would be building the 6 with the hardware but not enabling it as the hardware is expensive!

Back