Can you remove LED DRL fuse on 2016 CX5 GT - Very disappointed in Mazda

Dealer said call MNAO because I can’t do anything for you. BS

Well the dealer is basically screwed by it too. They don't want a pissed off customer but someone has to pay for the parts and labor. Dealers don't eat the cost of warranty work - Mazda pays them for it. If you get an authorization from MNAO, that's all they need.

Cant they make headlight assemblies where you can easily swap out or repair pieces individually instead of replacing the whole thing for a multi-thousand dollar charge? Its ridiculous. If your tire blows out, you dont throw out the whole wheel, you take the tire part off and just replace that.

Another 2016 CX-5. I tell you the 2016 CX-5 is the one to avoid for new buyers looking to buy as certified pre-owned or used.

I long maintained that 2015 was the sweet spot, and 2017 is for the new model, unless you step up to the 2019 GTR or Sg.

We get 3 years or 60k warranty with an option to extend it at a cost.

When Mazda look at whether they will contribute depending on a number of factors. If it*s inside the warranty period it would be 100% here but if it went beyond, they may contribute. If it was a fairly inert part like a bracket, they may contribute more as you wouldn*t expect to fail but something like a steering joint will have a limited life. I can*t imagine how many hours a headlight might be lit in 60,000 miles but a lot. It*s a completely sealed throw away part (not serviceable). Are these warranty rejections from the dealer or direct from MNAO?

LEDs properly sinked and not overdriven should last for 50 to 100 thousand hours. If they aren't, there is a heat management or a material qualities or assembly failure error.

And here I am with my Touring with regular bulbs I can switch out..

Dude damn. I wish Id known what would happen would happen. Id have pulled my Nightbreaker high and lows and put OEM back in and Karmaed them things on the forum :(

They are awesome and i cant recommend them enough.

I called, was given a case number and told the next day that I would have to pay $641.31 for the headlight assembly installed.

I wont be a repeat customer either even though this is my second Mazda. I dont like getting screwed for a know defect.

I will soon be mailing to Mazda corporate copies of this and other net threads about all the pissed off customers.

I understand, but man, I or someone I know has been screwed by nearly every major auto company.

If you are the named representative plaintiff and the suit is successful, courts often allow a nominal payment to the representative plaintiff to compensate them for the effort of serving as the representative plaintiff. A problem here might be in identifying all appropriate class members. Mazda USA could be required to furnish a list of those customers who have filed complaints with them, but I suspect most with the problem have, like me, just ignored it. Don't let me discourage you, though, and if a suit does get put on file be sure to post that on this forum so us silent sufferers can get our share of the loot.

Looks like Mazda will be hit with a class action on this issue. Waiting on the lawyers to contact me.
I know I*ll probably get nothing out of it.

This is the law firm involved.

https://www.sauderschelkopf.com/

Back