Thread: Lane trace

Registered Member

Honda Pilot

Lane trace

Does anyone have any additional info on lane trace? I've had no luck asking the dealer and I've sent an email to Mazda corporate but no reply for several days so not holding out much hope there. It appears to different than lane departure avoidance. Here is the link for reference- http://www.mazda.com/en/innovation/t...ve_safety/las/

2018 Mazda CX-5 Akera KG i-Activ AWD 2.5L Sonic Silver

Have a look at this thread, should help

LAS (Lane Keep Assist System) – who has “Lane Trace”?
    Current:
    2018 Mazda CX-5 Akera KG i-Activ AWD 2.5L in Sonic Silver

Former:
    2015 Mazda6 Touring GJ Series II Sedan 2.5L in Sonic Silver

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2012 CX-9 GT AWD, Copper Red/Sand

Quote Originally Posted by ncstate1997 View Post
    Does anyone have any additional info on lane trace? I've had no luck asking the dealer and I've sent an email to Mazda corporate but no reply for several days so not holding out much hope there. It appears to different than lane departure avoidance. Here is the link for reference- http://www.mazda.com/en/innovation/t...ve_safety/las/
    I'm not sure that's available in the US.

Registered Member

2018 Madza CX-9 GT

I posted a similar question late last year concerning "Lane Trace" - (which I also saw on the same Mazda Website as you.)

Here's a few of my observations concerning this subject...

It is likely Mazda's name for what other auto manufacturers call "Pilot Assist II" (Volvo), or "ProPilot" (Nissan), or "Super Cruise" (Cadillac), or many others "semi-autonomous" steering systems. These systems are the next step up from Mazda's (and other's) "Lane Keep Assist (which only nudges you back toward the center of the lane AFTER you across the lane markers). These newer systems never let you drift sideways across the lane markers in the first place, clearly a much better approach. Combined with Adaptive Cruise Control, working together, they are generally considered Level 2 "semi-autonomous" driving systems (Almost like Tesla's "Autopilot").

I have driven a Volvo with this feature, I find it at the top of my list for my next vehicle, and hopefully that will be a 2019 (or 2020) CX-9 with "Lane Trace".

NOTE - If you are the least bit interested in this whole subject, you should watch this very interesting youtube video about a young man who has added a "semi-autonomous" driving system on his Honda! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WF3sgSctpwA

2018 Mazda CX-5 Akera KG i-Activ AWD 2.5L Sonic Silver

We have Lane Keep Assist here and it gently pushes you in the right direction and I have also set for the steering wheel to "rumble" when it detects I've crossed the lane line markings
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.